Emailing and Spam

On a related note, when subscribing to a list, newsletter etc.. make sure you always put a marker on your email address.

Although not too popular, most web mailing services will process and send emails to these marked accounts,

The marker is identified by + and a word of your choice.

Example: If John was subscribing at a tomato shop newsletter service and his email is [email protected] the marker should be [email protected]. That's the email which John should use when subscribing to the tomato shop newsletter.

In this way, if you receive email from sites other than tomato site, where the TO: field is johndoe+tomato, you know that your email was shared with others and you can report as spam.

I hope that helps.
Val.

Last edited:
On a related note, when subscribing to a list, newsletter etc.. make sure you always put a marker on your email address.

Although not too popular, most web mailing services will process and send emails to these marked accounts,

The marker is identified by + and a word of your choice.

Example: If John was subscribing at a tomato shop newsletter service and his email is [email protected] the marker should be [email protected]. That's the email which John should use when subscribing to the tomato shop newsletter.

In this way, if you receive email from sites other than tomato site, where the TO: field is johndoe+tomato, you know that your email was shared with others and you can report as spam.

I hope that helps.
Val.

I'm going to try this now...didnt know about markers..

Back