Employee vs other worker

Markthebroker: Your comment comes across as aggressive. I'm not thin-skinned and can take whatever you dish out, but is it necessary? Life is hard enough. I'm just here for information and a conversation about an experience I'm having. I appreciate the content of your post, but maybe work on your delivery.

I'm on my 3rd CPA because the first one retired and sold his business to H&R Block and the second one was never available...didn't meet with me at all in 2 years, didn't return phone calls, texts, or emails, and had a very high turnover so my account kept getting moved around.

I have only met with the current CPA a few times so we are still building a relationship and trust. Since she is the first one to mention this in the 10 years I've been doing insurance, you can see how that would concern me. Thanks to the "random people" that have responded in kind, I can see that she is advising me correctly and I can confidently take her advice.

For the record, I don't think there's anything wrong with asking other agents in an insurance forum (the "random people" you mention) about other options or experiences they've had. I recognize that I don't know everything and I try to learn from other people's successes or failures. That's why I joined the insurance forums.

Thank you to all who contributed responses. I will take the CPAs advice and appreciate your help in resolving my questions.

Markthebroker: Your comment comes across as aggressive. I'm not thin-skinned and can take whatever you dish out, but is it necessary? Life is hard enough. I'm just here for information and a conversation about an experience I'm having. I appreciate the content of your post, but maybe work on your delivery.

I'm on my 3rd CPA because the first one retired and sold his business to H&R Block and the second one was never available...didn't meet with me at all in 2 years, didn't return phone calls, texts, or emails, and had a very high turnover so my account kept getting moved around.

I have only met with the current CPA a few times so we are still building a relationship and trust. Since she is the first one to mention this in the 10 years I've been doing insurance, you can see how that would concern me. Thanks to the "random people" that have responded in kind, I can see that she is advising me correctly and I can confidently take her advice.

For the record, I don't think there's anything wrong with asking other agents in an insurance forum (the "random people" you mention) about other options or experiences they've had. I recognize that I don't know everything and I try to learn from other people's successes or failures. That's why I joined the insurance forums.

Thank you to all who contributed responses. I will take the CPAs advice and appreciate your help in resolving my questions.
You go girl!!!:yes:

Fair enough, I've been accused of being abrasive more than once. Generally on here I figure I'm dealing with thick skinned agents, so I don't sugar coat. If you found that aggressive, I am curious what you think of insurance sales, managing employees, and running a business.

You came here saying you were on your third CPA, and you were questioning his advice. A quick google search would show your CPA was right - that's an easy fix. Not much to resolve there.

If you are on your 3rd CPA and questioning them, that's more of an issue to be addressed, and something that cannot be fixed by a quick google search. That has the potential to be much more of an issue.

Back