End Stage Renal Disease Life Insurance

The definition of "terminal" is if the insured has been told their death is expected to occur in the next 12 months.. Unless the PI has been advised by a doctor that this is the case, he would qualify for the GI... And, even if he has been told, unless he tells the agent that he would still qualify.. The question is not asked of the PI.. It is asked of the agent, "Do you have knowledge that the PI has diagnosed with a terminal condition?"

This is the one I commented to you about the other night. I sent him a PM with a link so he could contact you. I hope Sammy didn't scare him off.

I was actually at a Columbian regional meeting about 2 months ago and they had the head underwriter there. They ask the agent not to write anyone with aids if they know of it. The regional director said that's crazy as people live decades with it. The underwriter said little and just reiterated the questions asked of the agent. The product is super expensive and has a 3 yr graded benefit. Outside of somebody under 40 the product is a joke plus they have the gall to ask any questions of the agent.

I was actually at a Columbian regional meeting about 2 months ago and they had the head underwriter there. They ask the agent not to write anyone with aids if they know of it. The regional director said that's crazy as people live decades with it. The underwriter said little and just reiterated the questions asked of the agent. The product is super expensive and has a 3 yr graded benefit. Outside of somebody under 40 the product is a joke plus they have the gall to ask any questions of the agent.

In this case, I think it's his only option.

As I mentioned earlier, I don't see how they can call it GI if they ask any health questions.

In this case, I think it's his only option.

As I mentioned earlier, I don't see hoe they can call it GI if the ask any health questions.

I agree but they aren't the only one that does this.. UHL asks the same questions on their app for their supposed GI product except they define terminal as " (any illness diagnosed that would reasonably be expected to cause death within twenty-four (24) months);" They only go down to 45 so they don't even have the niche that Columbian has.. Theirs is also 3 year ROP.

I agree but they aren't the only one that does this.. UHL asks the same questions on their app for their supposed GI product except they define terminal as " (any illness diagnosed that would reasonably be expected to cause death within twenty-four (24) months);" They only go down to 45 so they don't even have the niche that Columbian has.. Theirs is also 3 year ROP.

I think it's rediculous to have any qualifying questions on GI, just like it's rediculous to call a ROP policy Graded!

I think it's rediculous to have any qualifying questions on GI, just like it's rediculous to call a ROP policy Graded!
UHL does both.. They call their "Guaranteed Issue Whole Life" product, "Graded Benefit Endowment Insurance" This is the way they list their benefits:

Graded Death Benefit During First Three Policy Years:
• Year 1: benefit payable equals refund of premium plus 6% interest.
• Year 2: benefit payable equals refund of premium plus 12% interest.
• Year 3: benefit payable equals refund of premium plus 18% interest.

UHL does both.. They call their "Guaranteed Issue Whole Life" product, "Graded Benefit Endowment Insurance" This is the way they list their benefits:

Graded Death Benefit During First Three Policy Years:
• Year 1: benefit payable equals refund of premium plus 6% interest.
• Year 2: benefit payable equals refund of premium plus 12% interest.
• Year 3: benefit payable equals refund of premium plus 18% interest.

Is that United Home Life? LBL does something similar to that with there Modified(MWL).

SNL and SLAICO both call their Modified plans Graded. I'm sure there are others.

A few have Modified Graded where is's ROP the 1st year, like KSKJ and New Era/Philadelphia American.

Is that United Home Life? LBL does something similar to that with there Modified(MWL).

SNL and SLAICO both call their Modified plans Graded. I'm sure there are others.

A few have Modified Graded where is's ROP the 1st year, like KSKJ and New Era/Philadelphia American.

Yes, United Home Life.

Back