Equity Indexed Annuities: Are they the real deal or junk products?

This thread is just like the media. Since some agents are unethical and sell the product to the wrong people then that means everyone is unethical and doesn't know crap about what they are selling.

John P., I see that the reason you have your opinions is because you didn't get any training in annuites. THat doesn't mean no one else did. I could easily say that no one should sell major med because there are too many choices and way to complicated that you need a college degree. Just because I think I would screw someones major med up doesnt mean you will.

In fact, I think if one wants to sell Health coverage, they should at the minimum hold a RN license, just by chance I would need very little additional credit and yes I would have to do my time in training but that would be little problem for me. Yea I think that is a grand idea!

Hey James, would a CNA (certified nurse Assistant or a LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) suffice.?:yes:

Good post............ I started selling IA's in 1998 and I'm still going strong and NOT ONE OF MY CLIENTS has ever LOST ONE dollar with me.
IA's were never designed to beat the stock market, nasdaq ,ect. I have clients that have made 33% over a three year period in a S.P 500 Fixed annuity. 15.9% from May 06/07 with another company. We as agents have to be honest and let the clients know that these types of returns are great but don't count on them every year. There has been some real stinkers out there to. So just be careful on which companies you use. A realistic return over say a ten year period should yield them around 7% to be on the safe side.

Unfortunately, the time the seniors realize they have a junk product is long after the agent has "left the business", then where's the recourse?

Unfortunately, the time the seniors realize they have a junk product is long after the agent has "left the business", then where's the recourse?

That is also true of universal life products that blow up or mutual funds that don't deliver or go south. It is not moreso for indexed annuities. You have to make a good recommendation within a class of investments whether annuities or mutual funds or variable life products.

Winter

Back