Ever Wonder Why Pit Bulls Are Excluded?

Again where is the proof of lineage and registration papers that show these were in fact APBTs? Without them they are just mutts who have a very poor temperament.

If it walks like a pit bull, barks like a pit bull, attacks like a pit bull, the inspector is going to cancel your home policy.

Proof of lineage not required.

You are clearly vested in trying to save the image of a dog that has a bit of a temperament issue to start out with. Yes, towards people, they tend to be very good (despite public impression) but they tend to have issues with other dogs, which can lead to problems.

Again though, for insurance reasons, if its partial, its good enough.

Dan

----------

Forgot to cite my source for the issues with other dogs comment.

American Pit Bull Terriers: What's Good and Bad About Pit Bulls

There's no such breed as an American Bull Terrier. I don't Google dog attacks because the mass information people have been brainwashed with is asinine. Everything you have stated is a result of IRRESPONSIBLE OWNERSHIP. Breed identification based off looks is impossible. HSUS and shelters are the biggest problem for all breeds because they make up stories and mislabel dogs to get people to adopt. Please identify the APBT in this line up

All of the dogs in the picture are pitbulls

You're another person blaming irresponsible ownership to protect the breed. Everybody just wants to blame the irresponsible owner until there's an attack but then it's too late the attack is over and the result of it. The irresponsible owner is just a label but there are laws to protect us from irresponsible owners there could be legal action and lawsuits but still after the accident there is still the suffering and the possibility of a disability or death. End of story. there so many pit bulls in my neighborhood that they're easy to spot. I could care less about their lineage I just know what their jaws can do I have been educated about this. I had a first-hand valuable education. I don't need to read a book or look it up on a website this. When they clamp down around the neck of the victim it's very difficult for a human to encourage them to let go I saw this with my eyes I didn't have to read about it. That little girl aged 6 who died from her pet which came from the Humane Society her mother was a friend of my wife's. That death of that child cause such turmoil in their family they were divorced not long after that and they lost their home also. And that's no story. That's an actual result that we witnessed

Which insurers will write pit bulls and other ineligible dogs? TIA

Not many if they know. Universal will probably write due to a liability sublimit of 50,000 for dogs. Id be curious what carriers are excluding pet liability altogether.

Prime will write a monoline liability policy for dangerous breeds, even with some bite history. Never quoted thus far, but doubt its cheap.

Not many if they know. Universal will probably write due to a liability sublimit of 50,000 for dogs. Id be curious what carriers are excluding pet liability altogether. Prime will write a monoline liability policy for dangerous breeds, even with some bite history. Never quoted thus far, but doubt its cheap.

Universal has a "bad dog list" and yes, pits are on there. They will NOT write it period. Even if animal liability is excluded.

I'd like to see the criminal rating / average income / average market values of the house before coming to such conclusions.

I bet pit bulls from higher income individuals in decent neighborhoods are below the average in that same demographic for dog bites.

Universal has a "bad dog list" and yes, pits are on there. They will NOT write it period. Even if animal liability is excluded.

I've not seen a dog list, though Ive not looked. Having a dog list seems silly, unless you write the dog liability endorsememt.

Encompass has no restriction on dog breeds, nor does State Filth (woopz...typo..meant State Farm.) Grange will exclude dog bite liability for households w/ Pits.

Back