"Evercare enrollment"

Last month I contacted the Kingdom Group directly and asked about their pre-set appointments and mentioned I wasn't referred to them by anyone. Kingdom sent me some of their contracts including one that said Cutler and Associates would be my FMO. That's when I decided to start doing some surfing about insurance and found this website and the "comments" about Kingdom. Never did send them the papers.
Cutler is a good place for a contract although there is little "hands on" help. My contract is with them and can offer likely a better contract going through me than direct to Cutler.

Also, I will, and Cutler will honor, a prenuptial. In other words, you will be released upon request.

Rick

Isn't Kingdom just a telemarketing company that does pre set appointments?

Greensky is right though, very little in the way of support at Cutler, however, the person I've been working with has been very diligent... P.M. me if you need her contact info. As far as kingdom, I have never worked with them or heard anyone at Cutler mention anything abou that company. As a matter of fact, the only marketing advice cutler has given is a direct mailing company with whom they receive a discount.

The Hospital benefit is $250/day for 16 days $4000 OOP for anything over 16 days. Even if the member gets some special needs such as specialty drugs it probably isn't worth it. The agents in my market are putting everybody into this plan. Someone with chronic illnesses is more likely to get hospitalized and have to pay way more than the original Medicare Plan's deductible of $1024 covering 60 days inpatient. What is so hard to follow? They give up doctor choice and have to pay more most of the time. Yes it is inferior in that respect. Many MA agents parade around as Senior Benefits Consultants when they are actually just trying to cash in on the confusion in the senior market. Sorry if I offended you. I wasn't directing it at any Secure Horizons/Evercare reps, just the unethical ones putting everyone in a plan that is not fit for them.

Ah! Now I see why we are not on the same page. You are in Chicago, I am in Kansas City. Here the benefits for the MP is $175/day days 1-15, and an in-network MOOP of $2500/year. Original Medicare is $1024 deductible days 1-60, and goes up after that, PLUS it is PER BENEFIT PERIOD, which means more than one hospitalization in a year will incur these same deductibles over again (assuming over 60 days w/o hospital stay).

However, besides the economy of the plan, it is MANAGED CARE. On Original Medicare, the beneficiary has no one to co-ordinate medical care, i.e, doctors, nurses, home health care, dme needs, pharmacies, etc. IF the beneficiary has family to help, then this is not as important, but many seniors may live alone. Even if they have family, they may not live close by, or be inclined to help daily. Those in assisted living facilities do have more help than those living in their homes, but even then, the quality of managed care varies with the management of that facility. Evercare has a reputation for managed care, and that is their focus.

Managed care is also being emphasized by HHS, and we can expect to see more of these products as the market matures. Yes, I know of the opposition to them, but I am for them as I see how it helps.

Ah! Now I see why we are not on the same page. You are in Chicago, I am in Kansas City. Here the benefits for the MP is $175/day days 1-15, and an in-network MOOP of $2500/year. Original Medicare is $1024 deductible days 1-60, and goes up after that, PLUS it is PER BENEFIT PERIOD, which means more than one hospitalization in a year will incur these same deductibles over again (assuming over 60 days w/o hospital stay).

However, besides the economy of the plan, it is MANAGED CARE. On Original Medicare, the beneficiary has no one to co-ordinate medical care, i.e, doctors, nurses, home health care, dme needs, pharmacies, etc. IF the beneficiary has family to help, then this is not as important, but many seniors may live alone. Even if they have family, they may not live close by, or be inclined to help daily. Those in assisted living facilities do have more help than those living in their homes, but even then, the quality of managed care varies with the management of that facility. Evercare has a reputation for managed care, and that is their focus.

Managed care is also being emphasized by HHS, and we can expect to see more of these products as the market matures. Yes, I know of the opposition to them, but I am for them as I see how it helps.

Sure, I work that market and managed care is a great selling point. I prefer a plan that has a great Inpatient Hospital benefit. If I were to go into a plan, $175/day for 3 days easily trumps $175/day for 20 days. I've never seen the $2500 max OOP on their benefits. Maybe it is State specific. Others in my market Aetna $750 per admission no max, Humana $550 per admission $2750 max OOP, Wellcare$160/day for 7 days $1500 max OOP. I always consider the inpatient hospital benefit as the litmous test for selling the product. Prescription benefit is also a major factor. I have to admit Wellcare has the market in that area for generic at $0 co-pay. I usually leave them alone if that's important. Although we coordinate with the State prescription discount program and they get the scripts at $2.25 gen and $5.60 brand and I can usually get them qualified. I guess my biggest problem with them is rogue agents, like the liar who makes them believe they are keeping current coverage under a new plan name. Eventually he'll have to answer for his misdeeds. Maybe the secret shopper police will snare him. Happy selling to you if you are in compliance.:cool:

Does anybody know who or where I can contact to get appointed to sell evercare products?

I scanned over their website but was unable to find anything.

I have noticed there are some agents currently selling this.

Thanks
Ramiz is very experienced in evercare and has a good contract also.

Back