Every Fire A Client?

I am proudly NOT a BBB member.

I filed a complaint once to the BBB on the BBB - lol... That was a classic.

I have always questioned the BBB tactics and I just do not agree with them at all... Occasionally a customer asks if I am a member of the BBB , and my reply is NO I would never join such an organization of thieves.

Never understood why BBB membership for insurance...

You are government regulated by the TX DOI.

That's a WAY higher authority.

I used to be an account rep for a large manufactorer. I was the guy who had to take the all the hard to deal with clients that the other reps refused to deal with . The company had me add a additional 10 -20
percent ( a** hole charge) to there price. It worked out great for the company but I didn't see a extra dime on my paycheck for all the extra BS I had to deal with every day.

When I lived in a small town there were only 2 health brokers, me and my former employer (who hated me). So when we fired clients we would refer them to each other. It was a nice little game.

I have never had to fire a client. I do get involved when customers swear at, or don't show respect to my staff members. It has always worked. I give them the ultimatum, change or go. Maybe I have been lucky, because a few of the clients actually became great clients after the conversation. And some of them have probably left on their own. Sometimes people with an aggressive personality respect you more after you call their bluff. As far as having to fire an employee, when the headache bar is higher than the production bar, it is time to start thinking about it.

I fired a client today. Too much trouble. I don't do it often, and it feels bad during the season of "peace on earth, goodwill toward men", but it had to be done.

Ever do it?

PS-Did enjoy a nice lunch at Hooters with another client though. Nice snow crab leg special - and two cold drafts!

Do you mean Ever Fire A Client? Sorry, I was having a hard time getting the title of your post. LMAO

Last edited:
I look at it this way, cock your head to the left, if you have never fired a client, not just refused to take a prospect, then you aren't a "real" independent agent.

Here's one. Have you ever tried politely to fire a client and they were so suprised, they wouldn't leave you? LOL yup it happened to me, lucky they went out of business sometime later

Back