Extra Help/Nursing home scenario

Fisher

Guru
1000 Post Club
GA
Here's a new one to me--

Husband is in a dementia-care facility. He was approved for full Medicaid in August and his SS check goes straight to the care facility. Does that take his income out of the calculations for Extra Help for the wife?

Secondary question - If I put him on a DSNP can the wife use the food/OTC benefit? He does not leave the care facility. I've done very very little DSNP biz and not sure how that all works.

Here's a new one to me--

Husband is in a dementia-care facility. He was approved for full Medicaid in August and his SS check goes straight to the care facility. Does that take his income out of the calculations for Extra Help for the wife?

Secondary question - If I put him on a DSNP can the wife use the food/OTC benefit? He does not leave the care facility. I've done very very little DSNP biz and not sure how that all works.

yes his wife can use the card, whoever has the physical card can use it. Not sure the answer to your other question

Here's a new one to me--

You put him on a regular dsnp 100-1 they disenroll him within 30 days . No nursing facility will go threw Pre authorizations .Unless it’s a facility isnp I assure you they’ll be disenrolled .

Last edited:
You put him on a regular dsnp 100-1 they disenroll him within 30 days . No nursing facility will go threw Pre authorizations .Unless it’s a facility isnp I assure you they’ll be disenrolled .

What would a facility put a person into if they pull him off of the DSNP?

Back