Face to Face NOT required for Today's Options

This should clear things up. My notations are in RED.

Today’s Options Phone Enrollment Instructions
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]
In order to process an enrollment via phone, please follow these easy steps:
1. Make sure the enrollee is present. (Present, as on the phone with you.)

2. Call​
[/FONT]1-800-695-5640[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman].

3. Choose Option 1.

4. Provide the call center representative with your agent number.

[/FONT][FONT=Wingdings,Wingdings]
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]NOTE: If you do not provide the call center representative with your agent number, you will not receive commissions for the enrollment.

5. Have the enrollee speak to the call center representative to complete the phone application process.

[/FONT][FONT=Wingdings,Wingdings]
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]NOTE: You may speak to the call center representative on behalf of the enrollee as long as the enrollee is present.

6. At the end of the enrollment call, you will be provided a confirmation number. Write down the confirmation number, provide it to the enrollee and keep it for your records.

[/FONT]
Phone Enrollment Hours of Operation​
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]
1-800-695-5640
Monday thru Sunday: 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM ET​
Spanish Speaking Representatives will be available: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM ET
[/FONT]

For those still in doubt, I suggest you make the call and ask specific questions on Monday. If an answer is unclear, ask for more information.

Below is the e-mail I received earlier today.

Gearing up for the new 2008 Selling Season!!
On Monday, September, 10, at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time, we will provide our agents with another live opportunity to learn valuable information on Today's Options, Medicare Advantage Private Fee-For-Service plans.
Our panel of experts will discuss the latest news regarding Today's Options and allow for additional Q&A afterward. Several updates will be provided on key topics, such as:
  • Certification
  • Compliance
  • Product
  • Provider Relations
  • Marketing
  • And MORE!
E-mail your questions to [email protected]. Frequently asked questions will be addressed on the call.
Previously recorded Today's Options calls are archived in the Today's Options agent websites.
To participate, dial (866) 900-3545
The pass code is "Ask Today's Options"

For those still in doubt, I suggest you make the call and ask specific questions on Monday. If an answer is unclear, ask for more information.

Below is the e-mail I received earlier today.

Gearing up for the new 2008 Selling Season!!
On Monday, September, 10, at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time, we will provide our agents with another live opportunity to learn valuable information on Today's Options, Medicare Advantage Private Fee-For-Service plans.
Our panel of experts will discuss the latest news regarding Today's Options and allow for additional Q&A afterward. Several updates will be provided on key topics, such as:
  • Certification
  • Compliance
  • Product
  • Provider Relations
  • Marketing
  • And MORE!
E-mail your questions to [email protected]. Frequently asked questions will be addressed on the call.
Previously recorded Today's Options calls are archived in the Today's Options agent websites.
To participate, dial (866) 900-3545
The pass code is "Ask Today's Options"

No doubt on my end. I was just waiting to see policy doc's reply. Nowhere in that attachment she gave does it state that a face to face meeting is required. At this point there's no reason to try and convince her otherwise. Let her drive all over town trying to enroll while I sit in my office and do it over the phone and through the mail.

Nope....you folks can dig it out like i did.

That is not the kind or response that is in keeping with why this discussion board exists. What if everyone answered a question with that statement? This would't be much of a "discussion" board now would it? It would have to be renamed an "attitude" board.

I went "digging" and look what I "dug up". (See above posts.) Any more questions?

Make the phone call on Monday and pay very close attention, take copious notes, listen to exactly what is being said, not what you think they are saying. If the answer is not "crystal" then ask again.

Or, continue with your current line of thinking and simply don't write any apps until you are face to face with a prospect. In the mean time, we will be enrolling people over the phone per the guide lines set forth by Today's Options.

Or, since I "dug it up myself", should I have "kept it to myself"?

No doubt on my end. I was just waiting to see policy doc's reply. Nowhere in that attachment she gave does it state that a face to face meeting is required. At this point there's no reason to try and convince her otherwise. Let her drive all over town trying to enroll while I sit in my office and do it over the phone and through the mail.

She must be a surgeon. Sounds like she is about to cut off her nose to spite her face.

Well it's about time someone got off their lazy keister and did some "digging" instead of relying on just hearsay.

And yes, urban cowboys, I am planning on listening in Monday...with Q&A to follow. I even emailed Gorman mktg....that was Thurs and no reply.

Guess they're busy in research.

So to paraphrase a motivational seminar quote: "There must be a pony under all this crap!"

"There must be a pony under all this crap!"

I love that joke. That is the kind of person who would make an outstanding insurance agent. The eternal optimist.

I have appointments set up for Monday morning, maybe you would be willing to take some notes and report back. I for one would really appreciate that.

When you find the pony can I go for a ride? :D

Well it's about time someone got off their lazy keister and did some "digging" instead of relying on just hearsay.

So all the back and forth with everyone reading the same material and coming to different conclusions, and someone getting an email from the home office stating that a face to face isn't required does not qualify as "digging"?

You mean it took Frank posting the info above to change your mind? Or are you still not convinced? Even the previous post you had clearly stated that an enrollment couldn't be done over the phone UNLESS the potential client called to request it. And you still weren't convinced?

That stubbornness should make you a good agent.;)

Ok, although I did believe that a face to face was required for selling these plans, I now believe that it is the way that CMS writes their quidelines. The attachment is a CMS memorandum dated 12/2006. Here are a couple of exerpts..

CMS has received complaints concerning inappropriate marketing activities performed by sales agents. In particular, some of these marketing activities include: providing incomplete or inaccurate information about plans,not ensuring beneficiaries understand the rules associated with a particular plan and requiring face-to-face appointments in order to obtain plan information.

Organizations and sponsors must ensure that sales agents do not imply that a face to face meeting is required for a beneficiary to receive information about a Medicare plan. Additionally, beneficiaries must be informed about how to obtain plan information if a face-to-face meeting is not requested (e.g. mailing Summary of Benefits, referring to plan website or 1-800-MEDICARE).

This is the link to this memo..

http://gormanhealthgroup.com/enews/BrokerActivites120106.pdf

Although I prefer face to face because I am able to gain trust which gets me many referrals. I will do enrollments by phone if need be, such as a follow up call.

Last edited:
Back