Face to Face NOT required for Today's Options

Ever see those old plantation drawings of the slaves picking cotton and putting it in one of those long bags they drag around their neck/shoulder??

Well life is like that...with all the crap you must endure, including the sins you commit, going into that bag. And I have lived long enough to have a heavy bag, over which I trip occasionally, to have learned a few things.

Always check out your information, especially if there is a $$ penalty involved. And yes, I've had H.O. people give out mis-information, or dis-information, and to them it's "I'm sorry" but for me I must undo the damage. Remember, I posted in sev threads about hearing face to face sales by h.o. seminar techers. I prefer to sell the easier way....3-way callling by phone, or thru the mail.

Yeah, I know, my avatar should be a Boxer or a pit Bull.

Ever see those old plantation drawings of the slaves picking cotton and putting it in one of those long bags they drag around their neck/shoulder??

Well life is like that...with all the crap you must endure, including the sins you commit, going into that bag. And I have lived long enough to have a heavy bag, over which I trip occasionally, to have learned a few things.

Yeah, I know, my avatar should be a Boxer or a pit Bull.

I'm on my second bag, the first one split wide open it was so full.

Not a boxer or Pit Bull, just something simple, reflective of the intelligent, diligent, concerned, hard working agent who you are.

I think everyone on this thread has made some good points. The best advice I have is the same offered by others: Do your own homework. Don't expect to get rulings on regulations on this forum. Use the forum to ask questions and get answers to probe into areas you think are "muddy". But realize that if you ask two different members here, you will get more than three different answers.... and math is not the issue.

Read your carrier's guidance. In any professional field, the government may provide regulations, but companies are allowed to make more conservative policies, as long as it incorporates the governments basic regs. For example, Shenandoah requires face-to-face appointments, and this is to sell a Med Sup! Other carriers do not specify this requirement. You have to read ALL the policy print, and know the regulations, too!

Back