Family History on Simplified Issue Seems Excessive

Newby

Guru
5000 Post Club
I had an applicant last week on an Assurity Simplified issue Critical Illness plan. She fits within the guidelines for everything except the family history question. They declined her because her mother and her sister had cancer at younger ages.

I understand family history on fully underwritten products but it seems excessive to me on the SI product because it's priced higher to allow more risk. If this lady would have been an only child, she would have been approved. If she would have been adopted, she would have been approved.

Who has a similar product that doesn't consider family history?

I had an applicant last week on an Assurity Simplified issue Critical Illness plan. She fits within the guidelines for everything except the family history question. They declined her because her mother and her sister had cancer at younger ages.

I understand family history on fully underwritten products but it seems excessive to me on the SI product because it's priced higher to allow more risk. If this lady would have been an only child, she would have been approved. If she would have been adopted, she would have been approved.

I wrote myself through UCT because both parents and my older sister have had cancer. I am sure there are others as well.

Medico's First Diagnosis cancer plan will cover for cancer only as well.

Last edited:

Is there a critical illness plan that is not simplified issue? I thought all were.

I agree that is a little strange.

Is there a critical illness plan that is not simplified issue? I thought all were.

AGLA CI plan is anything but simplified issue.. :err:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
CUL has a unique little simplified issue CI Plan.. Covers 8 condiitons plus cancer if you include it. (You can issue it with or without cancer coverage) Three benefit levels.. The top plan pays 10K immediately plus 1K per month for 12 months (disability not required). Also pays $300 per day for each day a person is hospital confined with a covered condition and has benefits for transportation, family member lodging, ambulance and WP. Reoccurrence Benefit equal to 50% of First Occurence benefit. Individual , One Parent Family and Two Parent Family rating.Issue ages 18-64.

Last edited:
This is going to sound like a stupid remark I am sure. The family health history comes up on many fully underwritten life applications also. I have always wondered how the insurance company would detect the cause of death or health history of your parents if you died in the contestable period, or even for a critical illness policy. Example is me. My Father died of a heart attack 31 years ago. My mother had cancer 34 years ago(and survived for 20 years(cause of death was not cancer). So how in the world would a company search back to get my parents health history in the event I had a claim?

This is going to sound like a stupid remark I am sure. The family health history comes up on many fully underwritten life applications also. I have always wondered how the insurance company would detect the cause of death or health history of your parents if you died in the contestable period, or even for a critical illness policy. Example is me. My Father died of a heart attack 31 years ago. My mother had cancer 34 years ago(and survived for 20 years(cause of death was not cancer). So how in the world would a company search back to get my parents health history in the event I had a claim?

I don't know but I wouldn't lie on an app to find out.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Assurity has a fully underwritten one too. I have never gotten anyone approved on that one.

Last edited:

Guarantee Trust will issue ages 0-85 up to 75K. No family history.

Overall I am very perplexed by the positive experiences with Assurity simplified med anything. I have had very little luck through the years having them issue any policy without a decline, modification, etc. They can market it as simplified issue all day, but at the end of the day it is really anything but simple.

Overall I am very perplexed by the positive experiences with Assurity simplified med anything. I have had very little luck through the years having them issue any policy without a decline, modification, etc. They can market it as simplified issue all day, but at the end of the day it is really anything but simple.

I have to admit that Assurity is my personal Bermuda Triangle of declines. I love their CI products and own $200,000 of it on myself. But I can't seem to get anyone else approved EVER. And these are pretty healthy people. I hate their online quoting software. They are a hard company to do business with. But I like what they offer, they have a very usable website (except their quoting), best company ever for sending you proactive emails with the status of your pending business, great brochures and video product training. But I have only placed very, very little business with them over the years that actually got accepted.

Back