Family History Question on LTC App.

CALTCAgent

Guru
1000 Post Club
The Question:

Does/Did any of your family members have any of the following?

Alzheimer's, ALS, Dementia, Diabetes, Heart Disease, Huntington's, Parkinson's, Stroke

1. Does anybody know exactly the impact on underwriting decision if somebody answers yes to any of these?

2. What if somebody doesn't know, could that potentially help them if their was a history of a condition? (assuming there is no way to check on this)

I don't see anything in the underwriting guides that tell you what the impact is.

The Question:

Does/Did any of your family members have any of the following?

Alzheimer's, ALS, Dementia, Diabetes, Heart Disease, Huntington's, Parkinson's, Stroke

1. Does anybody know exactly the impact on underwriting decision if somebody answers yes to any of these?

2. What if somebody doesn't know, could that potentially help them if their was a history of a condition? (assuming there is no way to check on this)

I don't see anything in the underwriting guides that tell you what the impact is.

with some companies, if a relative has huntington's, then the application will be declined.

in regards to the other health conditions, it usually just means they will do more extensive underwriting.

with some companies, if a relative has huntington's, then the application will be declined.

Thats interesting. Luckily a fairly rare condition, in my experience.

in regards to the other health conditions, it usually just means they will do more extensive underwriting.

You mean more than the usual APS?

I was told its a factor, so was thinking it counts against them, to what extent, I'm uncertain.

Back