Farm Bureau MedSup?

Are you saying you sell them on another plan that's $20 a month higher today or follow up with them in a year or two when the rate increases kick in?

I usually convince them to take me higher plan now because of their health changes they won't be able to switch outside of their open enrollment.

Damn. That's a killer price for a Med Supp in TN -- most are $120-$135 FNT @ 65.

Have you looked at Philadelphia American in Tennessee? They aren't $92.50 per month, but in some areas they are less than $100 per month for a FNT at 65.

Just looked at the TRH plan F age 65 rates..$107.09. Apparently same rate tobacco or non tobacco and unisex. Makes me wish I could qualify but they have a five year health history on cancer on heart.

Just looked at the TRH plan F age 65 rates..$107.09. Apparently same rate tobacco or non tobacco and unisex. Makes me wish I could qualify but they have a five year health history on cancer on heart.

I believe you said you were 67 or so? Did you get on a med sup when first eligible?

If so, you might be able to beat the system by signing up on an MA plan this AEP and then dropping it in the first year. If you are on a standardized plan instead of a modernized plan the plan you are on will not be available so you could go to any plan in the state.

Something to think about.

I believe you said you were 67 or so? Did you get on a med sup when first eligible?

If so, you might be able to beat the system by signing up on an MA plan this AEP and then dropping it in the first year. If you are on a standardized plan instead of a modernized plan the plan you are on will not be available so you could go to any plan in the state.

Something to think about.

Thanks.. I bought my MoO plan 9/2/2010.. Was that pre modernized?

You could still get by with what jdeasy mentioned if the MOO company you have your Supp through is not being sold anymore. If they haven't closed the company your with off yet, I'm sure they will do it within the next year. Good ol Mutual of Omaha.

Game the system like JD suggested; then you should be able to get a Plan F anywhere GI, right?

Not if the current carrier is still offering their Plan F. But, as someone has suggested, it's a MoO carrier so there's a good possibility that in the near future that they will start offering it under a new company.

Back