Farm Bureau

I might interview with the Farm Bureau. Does anyone have any experience? Is it necessarily captive or does it usually have a few carriers? Also, is it a 1099 or W-2? I appreciate any input.

from what i know it is captive only and you had better be ready to sell lots of life products to keep your gig.

But that was a few years ago when a fellow agent friend joined them. he lasted a few years.

Yes they are captive, can only sell their products. Great products for the rural areas, and lately really trying to penetrate the metro areas. Know an ex Farm agent. He had a great time until the life quotas kicked in.....

I was one of their largest producers in the nation for several years until going independent this summer. Feel free to call me and I will give you the good and the bad. 336-340-3337.

I was one of their largest producers in the nation for several years until going independent this summer. Feel free to call me and I will give you the good and the bad. 336-340-3337.

That is a kind generous offer that I would take him up on. Remember he has no dog in this fight.

----------

Correctly if I am wrong but doesn't FB differ state by state and each state is pretty much its own stand alone operation?

That is a kind generous offer that I would take him up on. Remember he has no dog in this fight.

----------

Correctly if I am wrong but doesn't FB differ state by state and each state is pretty much its own stand alone operation?

For P & C and health, yes it is state by state (all have similar guidelines though). For life, di, and Ltci, the contracts are the same nationally.

Last edited:
For P & c yes it is state by state (all have similar guidelines though). For life, di, and Ltci, the Co tracts are the same nationally.

My understanding is that FB Indiana has been downgraded financial. Currently their claims handling and coverage leaves much to be desired on the part of the insured. However, across the river in KY FB is strong.

Last edited:
Back