Favorite Life Insurance IMO For New Agents

lifeagent426

Expert
I'm a newly licensed agent that will be starting my career independent. Can you please recommend a few IMO/FMO's that you feel would be a great fit for me as a new agent?

Thanks.

well first thing people are going to ask is:

What exactly are you looking for?

Other thing is do you know what you should be looking for?

That can be an issue in itself.

To be honest how much support are you going to need to get started and are you going to need leads provided for you or is that something you can generate/pay for yourself?

If your brand new to this industry and didn't start as captive your going to need a lot! of support.

well first thing people are going to ask is:

What exactly are you looking for?

Other thing is do you know what you should be looking for?

That can be an issue in itself.

To be honest how much support are you going to need to get started and are you going to need leads provided for you or is that something you can generate/pay for yourself?

If your brand new to this industry and didn't start as captive your going to need a lot! of support.

What products you want to sell will be of assistance as well.

I'm looking for training & support. I do not need leads.

I want to sell life and final expense. Eventually offering variable annuities.

I'm looking for training & support. I do not need leads.

I want to sell life and final expense. Eventually offering variable annuities.

If you are going to offer variable annuities I might recommend that you start off as captive. The reason being is that for Variable products like that you need a securities license, which you need a company to sponsor you for. However, you can do fixed annuities and everything no problem.

It's up to you on what you want to do. The benefit of being captive first is that some companies will pay for your securities test and you also get product training as well. However, the downside is that you are going to sell what they want you to and possibly be limited in your markets, and commissions are lower.

There are entire books worth of threads online here and at Topgunproducers and other places that talk about the benefits and downsides of having a securities license. Is there any reason as to why you want to sell VAs in particular along with FE? FE is a specific kind of life insurance.

I'm not saying you can't, I just don't think you know the sheer hassle it will be to sell variable products and things if it's something that you aren't going to sell a lot of, and it's even worse trying to do it when independent and (almost, if not totally) impossible to get your securities licenses to even sell the products.

Do what you want, just think long and hard as to what you want to sell and why, and what your major markets are going to be. It just seems like an odd combination to sell variable products and FE as your two main focuses.

Back