FE for Those on Disability

jemelton

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have a couple that are on disability but healthy (doesn't make sense, I know)

Are there any FE carriers that offer immediate coverage for someone on disability under the age of 50 (these people are in their 40's)

I think Motorist life will take them. I saw an ad this week that said they would take people on DI....Not sure about the age..

Why are they on disability? Guardian might be able to do a smaller whole life policy with no exam and immediate benefit. I just ran a quote this week for someone who didn't want to take an exam that was 45 years old and Guardian said they'd go up to $99k on it....don't know if them having a disability would affect the no-exam status.

I have a couple that are on disability but healthy (doesn't make sense, I know)

Are there any FE carriers that offer immediate coverage for someone on disability under the age of 50 (these people are in their 40's)

Monumental and Settlers.

The only companies that I use that exclude disability are Oxford and American Memorial.

A whole lot of people on disability qualify for prefered rates with most companies.

Monumental and Settlers.

The only companies that I use that exclude disability are Oxford and American Memorial.

A whole lot of people on disability qualify for prefered rates with most companies.

Oxford is removing the no disability part from their applications as of Aug. 1. You probably already knew that.

Oxford is removing the no disability part from their applications as of Aug. 1. You probably already knew that.

I did not know that. Anything else changing?

I called them last month because a perfectly healthy guy had some injury in the military which gave him a 1/10th military disability payment for life. I think he said it amounts to $60 per month. He stayed in the military for 20 more years and worked full time when he got out until he retired at age 65 last year.

I asked Oxford if that small military partial disability benefit would disqualify him and they said yes. If you get one penny from any form of any disability benefit you are not eligible for coverage.

I did not know that. Anything else changing?

I called them last month because a perfectly healthy guy had some injury in the military which gave him a 1/10th military disability payment for life. I think he said it amounts to $60 per month. He stayed in the military for 20 more years and worked full time when he got out until he retired at age 65 last year.

I asked Oxford if that small military partial disability benefit would disqualify him and they said yes. If you get one penny from any form of any disability benefit you are not eligible for coverage.

Actually, they are changing quite a bit. Travis had told me Thurs. about it and I got a letter from Oxford yesterday.

First the good news, they are raising aent commissions by 15% on Aug. 1. They are lowering the renewal commissions.

The disability question has been eliminated on the new apps. Also they have eliminated 5 questions from the producer portion of the interview and 2 aditional questions from the applicant section. This is to reduce the interview time. Also they will no longer ask you to spell your name. Just give your producer number and they automatically enter it into the system.

Now the bad news, they have increased rates. Also on Aug. 1. I'll send you the bulliten I got. Your's is on it's way from them I'm sure.

If they increase 1st year commissions they will be one of the highest contracts out there. I would rather they keep commissions lower if they could keep rates lower though. I also like lower 1st year with higher renewals like Settlers has.

Got to roll with the changes.

Back