FE for Those on Disability

They are one of the lowest priced now. They would have. To rise pretty much to make themselves un competitive.

Two years ago they were much lower than they are now. They really can't raise rates much now and keep a rate advantage. At a lot of ages Americo, Settlers, LaFayette, and American Memorial are right there with them now.

I guess if they bump commissions 15% they will be outpaying the others.

Two years ago they were much lower than they are now. They really can't raise rates much now and keep a rate advantage. At a lot of ages Americo, Settlers, LaFayette, and American Memorial are right there with them now.

I guess if they bump commissions 15% they will be outpaying the others.

I just got my new packet Friday, so I have not looked at the rates. I do not write as much FE as full time FE guys. Their advantage to me was they were always lower than most and at one time did not do Script checks. Lately Americo has been coming in a lot better for me. A.M. has taken some cases that were declines with others(RNA). I do not have the others.

On comp I look at 5 year and 10 year comparisons. They all tend to come in pretty close to each other. Also as JD has mentioned in another thread, some of these companies PHI are way to long. For me that was the case with Oxford. Especially if it was any language other than English, as they used the AT&T interpreters.

Thanks

I've been looking over their new rates. Just comparing them to RNA and Americo.

For non smokers under 70 they are a bit higher than RNA now. For ages over 75 they are about $1/mo less than RNA.

For smokers under age 70 they are about the same as RNA and higher than Americo. For over age 70 they are less than RNA and higher than Americo.

No real reason to use then at all, especially considering they are a B rated company. Only reason to use them before was the considerable rate difference for the older ages. That's gone.

I have always liked Oxford Life simply on their customer service level. Apps are processed and commissions are paid within 48 hrs...not like Foresters who can take a week to process depending on their influx of business.

I am not sure on the commission change what I think. I like the old renewals but I also realize most producers in the FE market desire the FY instead so this will put them 10-15% above the competition for street level. Seems like that would be reason to sell them considering their premiums are pretty much inline with the competition now.

On a side note, they are B++ rated but their financials are better than most A rated carriers. They have also been doing final expense for longer than most carriers have as well which makes me a little more comfortable that they are not going to close up shop over night.

Back