FE sales via PHONE?

Which Cell phones or Smokers?

For me it is both.

Very few smokers of any stripe.

Whether it is lower-income seniors / FE with Obama smart phones or the working poor many text. They tell me that is how they connect with their grandchildren. I do not work FE leads so my people tend to come to me from other people that are similar. I also, as I have said many times am not an FE only agent. The four FE apps I need to do this week were, IRS worker and her retired welder husband. They own in a small two bedroom 1 bath house in their late 60s. An FE client's disabled son in his late 50s, She is in her early 80s small HUD apartment and a late 60s semi-retired bookkeeper homeowner. Small 2 bedroom 1 bath house. None smoke, cigarettes, and they all text except for the disabled son. One, maybe two smoke weed.

Again, I do not prospect for FE people and I do not write DE. All of my people have checking accounts and we draft on any day they pick.

I am replacing two F&G ULs that a door knocker sold they years ago, and adding coverage on the son, she had answered a DM on the first policy he has and on her first policy. So, I think they would be what you call FE but not sure.

I did have a BudLite at one of the houses.

Edit: I do not differentiate between 'FE' and SIWL. It is all just Life Insurance to me and clients are just clients. I think if I did Medicare and was adding Life insurance they would still be just clients.

I know what you meant. But the FE market is not just low income seniors. You do not understand the difference because you do not work or prospect that sector of the market.

To thrive in the FE market an agent must have an understanding of the difference. You chose to not. That's OK. I see 100"s, if not 1000's, of agents enter the FE space thinking like you do. They do not last.

If you don't believe there is a difference then just buy 500 DM leads and go see them.

I see products the same too. So what? That's not the subject here. The product is secondary to the market. I've seen agents come into this with so much product knowledge I'm awed by it. They rarely make it in this arena. FEX has one now that's learning the ropes. I think he's going to make it. He came to FEX from doing everything from banking to financial planning to Medicare. If I have a technical insurance question I'm probably asking him.

He struggled quite a bit for a while. But as he unlearned what he thought he knew he started to do better.

The vast majority of my clients and prospects do not use email. More than every do have a computer now. But it's for playing games if it's turned on at all. I can't remember the last time I was in a home and had a bad signal using my phone as a hot spot and asked if they had wifi and they did.

I would guess the majority of my clients and prospects now have smartphones. Which almost none did just a few short years ago. But very few text. I was helping a client yesterday with a name and address change. They needed a picture ID to complete the name change. I asked her if she could take a picture of her DL or State ID and text it to me. "No, I don't know how to do that. But when my daughter gets home she can". And she did.

Same over the weekend. We were out of town for the Derby. I got a call from a client asking about some papers she got from AG on an old policy she has on her son. I asked her is she could take a picture and text it so I could look at it. She didn't know how. And this is a lady that still works full time. Same story, she would get her daughter to do it. She did and I got the text.

These are not unusual stories. And it's not regional. Our groupme chat is full of stories just like that everyday from agents all across the country.

I get it that your experiences are different. But this is the FE forum.

I know what you meant. But the FE market is not just low income seniors. You do not understand the difference because you do not work or prospect that sector of the market.

To thrive in the FE market an agent must have an understanding of the difference. You chose to not. That's OK. I see 100"s, if not 1000's, of agents enter the FE space thinking like you do. They do not last.

If you don't believe there is a difference then just buy 500 DM leads and go see them.

I see products the same too. So what? That's not the subject here. The product is secondary to the market. I've seen agents come into this with so much product knowledge I'm awed by it. They rarely make it in this arena. FEX has one now that's learning the ropes. I think he's going to make it. He came to FEX from doing everything from banking to financial planning to Medicare. If I have a technical insurance question I'm probably asking him.

He struggled quite a bit for a while. But as he unlearned what he thought he knew he started to do better.

The vast majority of my clients and prospects do not use email. More than every do have a computer now. But it's for playing games if it's turned on at all. I can't remember the last time I was in a home and had a bad signal using my phone as a hot spot and asked if they had wifi and they did.

I would guess the majority of my clients and prospects now have smartphones. Which almost none did just a few short years ago. But very few text. I was helping a client yesterday with a name and address change. They needed a picture ID to complete the name change. I asked her if she could take a picture of her DL or State ID and text it to me. "No, I don't know how to do that. But when my daughter gets home she can". And she did.

Same over the weekend. We were out of town for the Derby. I got a call from a client asking about some papers she got from AG on an old policy she has on her son. I asked her is she could take a picture and text it so I could look at it. She didn't know how. And this is a lady that still works full time. Same story, she would get her daughter to do it. She did and I got the text.

These are not unusual stories. And it's not regional. Our groupme chat is full of stories just like that everyday from agents all across the country.

I sold a $20,000 FE policy once to a Medicare client with millions. What the Hell do I need that for? Because if you die today, your wife is going to have to go to Merrill Lynch and hear all the tax implications. With this plan she gets instant cash. Sale made.

Yep, had the same thing where a driver's license was needed. Called the client to see if they could text it to me. Nope... So I set an appointment to go grab a photo of their license tomorrow.

I sold a $20,000 FE policy once to a Medicare client with millions. What the Hell do I need that for? Because if you die today, your wife is going to have to go to Merrill Lynch and hear all the tax implications. With this plan she gets instant cash. Sale made.

And I sold a $20K FE policy to a lady woth millions and then wrote her med sup to save her enough to pay for the life policy.

Over the years I wrote her enough FU to where she was eventually paying $1000/mo. Also wrote her a dental plan too. Referred her to a preneed guy so she could prepay her funeral too.

From an FE lead. That was 2010. Still a client today. That's an aberration. Of course if you out there things like that will happen.

I see 100"s, if not 1000's, of agents enter the FE space thinking like you do. They do not last.

By do not last, if you mean deciding I did did not like that general market place. Then yeah, after a few years I moved more towards SIWL as a table rated product. I am not doing cat pee and bugs.

You are not understandingwhat i wrote. ""I do not differentiate between 'FE' and SIWL. It is all just Life Insurance to me and clients are just clients."" I said I do not differentiate between my clients." I have also said many times I do not write the Typical FE prospects and I have not bought leads or done a drop in decades. Wait, I did buy and run the Lee Facebook leads. They were great. But I found I did not like chasing leads.

I see products the same too. So what?

OK?
Awesome, we are simpaticos.

Back