Fewer Americans Plan For LTC

Unfortunately, you don't show your clients articles about all the good things that LTCi does.

How arrogant of you. How the hell do you know what I show or don't show clients?

Are there any insurance products that you like & believe in?

That's just insulting.

There is no reason for you to post your biases. You can think them, but to post them is just in bad taste and actually rather hateful. What purpose does it serve?

Arthur you are just like so many others in this venue, especially one that comes to mind. All you want to do is fight with whomever is silly enough to come in here.

I don't want to get into a pissing contest with you Arthur. I'm not going to convince you of anything and you are not capable of convincing me of anything.

I did hope we could discuss our differences about LTC, but that is not going to be possible with you.

In this venue you are always going to be right and I'm always going to be wrong. So let's just leave it at that. When you can discuss LTC without being snarky and without being personal... we can do it. But obviously... that day... is not... this day.

You know, you might get a lot more discussion in this section if you didn't go out of your way to make people who disagree with you feel so lousy about posting what they believe to be true (even if in your "expert" opinion it isn't.)

Chill, Arthur. You'll live longer and make better karma for yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's is only going to be seen as an attack by you because all you have is anger toward me. I tried to 'settle' with you. I put it all in the "fight club" so it would be private. Dave020 talked to you in Vegas about giving up this anger, but you want to carry this feud until your grave.

Your choice.

You can stalk me around this forum and post similar expressions of anger, but all you will get is the same response as above.

Not exactly. And don't confuse dislike with anger.

Rick

Not exactly. And don't confuse dislike with anger.

Rick

I offered to end this feud with you here...:
Insurance Forum

... but obviously it is not going to happen.

You know... you can dislike me... but you don't have to manifest it on the forum. What good does it do you or anyone else? Why do you want to fight all the time with everyone?

As for the thread and LTC, back when we were friends and talking on the phone from time to time you told me you were going to move into the life and LTC market.

I know how you did in the life market, but did you ever have any success with LTC? If so, perhaps you will share with us in this thread what you learned about how to position and present the product to your customer base (which at that time was mostly seniors.)

You know the word "asset?" Why not be the whole word?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Al,
Before another moderator throws this post into The Fight Club, I'd like to ask you just one question:

Do you honestly believe 5% of what you post?

:nah:

I'll answer you with a quote from the movie Patton:

Lt. Col. Charles R. Codman: You know General, sometimes the men don't know when you're acting.

Patton: It's not important for them to know. It's only important for me to know.

Why not just call me an ass?

Huh? I can't do that. It's against the rules. Also, I don't think you are an ass. Sometimes you act like one, but we ALL do. I think you are a intelligent man who has a lot he can share with other agents given your long experience in the industry.

I read this as an insult.

It is not my place to comment on how you may read things.

So much for wanting to end the feud.

I'm serious. You're not.

Why so much anger Al?

Anger? What anger?

I have no anger toward you. I'm sad and sorry that after all these years you won't agree to end of the hostilities between us, but I'm not angry about it. Why should I be?

So tell us, how did you do (or do you do) in the LTC market last year (and this year, so far?)

I agree with Arthur here. This is why I don't sell in this sector because the product IS complex by concept and some products are even more complex by design. There are a lot of moving parts and an agent really needs to have read a specimen policy to really understand the "gotchas" that may be in there.

This is why I (and many other agents) don't sell directly. We partner with someone who does this as their prime directive. Unless you want to get into the nuts and bolts of these plans and unless you have the ability to communicate them well to clients, I think it best to find someone (like Arthur?) to send your cases to in exchange for a fair split.

YMMV.

Al

Al, I am not so sure the products are as complex
as you might believe. Sure there are some moving parts, but there are only so many ways a company can dress up inflation adjusted money.

If you ever have some time feel free to give me a call. If you have an hour, I could probably make you a highly competent agent in LTC insurance.

Al, I am not so sure the products are as complex
as you might believe. Sure there are some moving parts, but there are only so many ways a company can dress up inflation adjusted money.

If you ever have some time feel free to give me a call. If you have an hour, I could probably make you a highly competent agent in LTC insurance.

You have one hell of a kick-ass resume... and a nice smile. Like lots of "nice New York Jewish boys" of the time, I was accepted to Brandeis University (in 1964... probably before you were born!) but decided to go to U.VA. Maybe not the best decision I ever made! At that time there were many schools that Jews either were not allowed in or which had quotas. It was worse for blacks, but not so great for Jews and other minorities. Brandeis was always open to all. Great school.

I was also interested in attending B.U. for law school where you went, but went for an MA in government at William and Mary... seems a hundred years ago now!

If I ever decide to get into the LTC market more seriously, you would easily be the man I'd contact (and contract through as well, if possible.)

We're lucky to have a man with your accomplishments, education, and experience on this forum.

Thanks for the offer.

Al
You can find me here.

Why don't the mods move this thread, it is tiring to have to read through the personal attacks to try to find some real meat on this bone.

Al, UVA and Bill & Mary are quite high caliber institutions, themselves. Whether or not you ever devide to get into the LTC market more seriously is not so important; but I would love to see if I can help communicate clearly the pros and cons of LTC insurance to you. Sure, the long term care insurance arena has had its issues--rate increases, insurers exiting the arena, etc. Nevertheless, if the benefits are designed properly (i.e. including 5% compound inflation for our clients that are still young) a long term care insurance policy is an amazing tool to leverage the risk of the high future costs of needing long term care. It really can be a great policy for everyone to own if the premium does not impact our clients' retirement lifestyle.

Latest posts

Back