Final Expense & Medicare

lizmarie

Im new to industry. I want to focus on final expense and medicare. My thinking right now is to be an independent broker and represent various companies buy leads/market myself. But who do I represent? How do you choose? Who would train me?

Im new to industry. I want to focus on final expense and medicare. My thinking right now is to be an independent broker and represent various companies buy leads/market myself. But who do I represent? How do you choose? Who would train me?

As for training, you might want to visit MedicareTraining101.com and FinalExpense101.com.

As for the companies you'll represent, don't worry about that right now. Find a good IMO/FMO and go with their suggestions. Make sure they have a good array of companies that will fit your needs.

Pick one product to focus in on first. My suggestion would be FE as it's nuances are few IMHO.

You "must" be able to sale/produce product. Learn and master one before moving to the next. Again IMHO.

This is a profession that you learn to master people skills and sale, or all you do is end up advising agents.

Pick one product to focus in on first. My suggestion would be FE as it's nuances are few IMHO.

You "must" be able to sale/produce product. Learn and master one before moving to the next. Again IMHO.

This is a profession that you learn to master people skills and sale, or all you do is end up advising agents.
I love being a sellsman. ;)

Because the cross sale of FE from Medicare is so easy when the need is there, you don't need to sell FE in the same way that you would if you are targeting FE. Therefore, learning one product while leaving out the other is not a very good piece of advice.

Many agents learn medicare and FE at the same time. I know I did and I have taught many to do that.

Seems that the medsup client household that buys life insurance is a different demographic than the typical FE buying household.

-If true-, it seems the marketing, approach and sales process would be different.

Seems that the medsup client household that buys life insurance is a different demographic than the typical FE buying household.

-If true-, it seems the marketing, approach and sales process would be different.

Yes, different demographic, usually in the way of household income and age.

Your IMO will be able to get you with the best carriers for whatever you decide to do. You can talk to different IMOS and figure out who would be a good fit for you depending on your goals. Typically your IMO will have training for you... Make sure to get with someone who will give you the training you need.

Everyone is different. Some people need more "hand holding" than others. Nothing is wrong with that, it's just important you know how you work best and find an organization that will tailor to that *within reason *. Good Luck and certainly search around the forum. There are plenty of good choices.

Back