First day WIN!

Hey all,

Just wanted to update you guys on my
first day.

AIG $2701.5 (Husband) + SBLI $1629.36 (Wife).

Both are on direct express payments.

Are those paid out monthly rather than advanced?

Also, a BIG THANK YOU!! To all those that
helped me with my newbie questions.

I really appreciate you all.

This is only the beginning! :)
CONGRATULATIONS! Very good job.
There is something about your character or personality that made that happen. Whatever it is you've got, use it every time you go out.
Some of these guys who commented make valid points that may seem negative, but that's only because they didn't explain themselves. One responder said, "don't spend it all." Another said, "get ready for chargebacks." A third said, he wouldn't recommend you accept advances on that business. All 3 have legitimate reasons for those comments. First, direct express has a high probability of falling off the books. If that happens, you will have to pay back any unearned commission. Therefore, don't spend it all. Secondly, both policies are above average premiums. That, in and of itself, is not bad. However, when you combine that with direct express payments and guarantee issue, it increases the probability of chargebacks. It is for these reasons that it was suggested that you not accept advances on AIG and direct express business.
They were simply trying to tell you not to commit suicide simply because you don't understand why the 2 hookers, with whom you lost your virginity and fell in love with, won't return your calls. :laugh:
Seriously, it has happened to all of us. The good news is, the more business you write, the less sting you feel when a chargeback occurs. Again, great job!

CONGRATULATIONS! Very good job.
There is something about your character or personality that made that happen. Whatever it is you've got, use it every time you go out.
Some of these guys who commented make valid points that may seem negative, but that's only because they didn't explain themselves. One responder said, "don't spend it all." Another said, "get ready for chargebacks." A third said, he wouldn't recommend you accept advances on that business. All 3 have legitimate reasons for those comments. First, direct express has a high probability of falling off the books. If that happens, you will have to pay back any unearned commission. Therefore, don't spend it all. Secondly, both policies are above average premiums. That, in and of itself, is not bad. However, when you combine that with direct express payments and guarantee issue, it increases the probability of chargebacks. It is for these reasons that it was suggested that you not accept advances on AIG and direct express business.
They were simply trying to tell you not to commit suicide simply because you don't understand why the 2 hookers, with whom you lost your virginity and fell in love with, won't return your calls. :laugh:
Seriously, it has happened to all of us. The good news is, the more business you write, the less sting you feel when a chargeback occurs. Again, great job!

Thanks for your detailed analysis and I don’t mean that as a smart as.s comment lol.

I wrote another husband/wife SBLI + AIG combo today also again with direct express.

None of these people seem to have a bank account. But why is direct express so bad when they get paid on that card and I setup the billing to hit the same day as they get paid.

How does a bank account fix this issue as banks can go NSF just as easily..?

It seems I’m in the right direction if I’m only 2 days in and wrote 4 policies. Am I wrong? Serious question.

I’ve heard some people don’t write anything but direct debit/bank. Is this just bad business that’s in writing? How high of chargebacks can I expect with direct express business 20-25%? How does it compare to them using a bank account?

Don’t they keep 25% for chargebacks anyways?

One of the main things I’m worried about is chargebacks. Not because of the comments here. I’ve been in business all my life and know all about CBs.

Im just wondering if CBs are so bad that it can kill my business..?

thanks

Thanks for your detailed analysis and I don’t mean that as a smart as.s comment lol.

I wrote another husband/wife SBLI + AIG combo today also again with direct express.

None of these people seem to have a bank account. But why is direct express so bad when they get paid on that card and I setup the billing to hit the same day as they get paid.

How does a bank account fix this issue as banks can go NSF just as easily..?

It seems I’m in the right direction if I’m only 2 days in and wrote 4 policies. Am I wrong? Serious question.

I’ve heard some people don’t write anything but direct debit/bank. Is this just bad business that’s in writing? How high of chargebacks can I expect with direct express business 20-25%? How does it compare to them using a bank account?

Don’t they keep 25% for chargebacks anyways?

One of the main things I’m worried about is chargebacks. Not because of the comments here. I’ve been in business all my life and know all about CBs.

Im just wondering if CBs are so bad that it can kill my business..?

thanks
No, you are doing great. I was just yanking your chain with the hooker comment. Keep doing what you're doing. Chargebacks won't kill you. Expect it from time to time. After a while, you will develop a sense for those people most likely to lapse.

No, you are doing great. I was just yanking your chain with the hooker comment. Keep doing what you're doing. Chargebacks won't kill you. Expect it from time to time. After a while, you will develop a sense for those people most likely to lapse.

lol I figured that but I’m getting stressed here lol

I’m planning to write business every week so I mean as long as the CBs aren’t 50% which is absolutely ridiculous and I don’t see how it could be unless I’m wrong here?? It should be fine.

Now I can see a newbie coming in this market making a handful of sales and disappearing, that absolutely is a big problem with CBs.

As long as you stay long term I wouldn’t think CBs would be an issue. Again, please correct me if I’m wrong but I can’t see chargebacks going over 25%.

Latest posts

Back