First day WIN!

What the posters are telling you is there’s a reason these people you wrote use direct express accounts . They couldn’t handle a checking account because of constant nsf’s and negative balances in their accounts . Their checking accounts were probably closed and they never paid the negative balances . They are terrible with money . Overall those people are not good business . First time your draft cause them not to be able to buy cigs your ins gone . Also another big issue is people lose their cards and your drafts bounce . Also sbli is bot true ss billing . It doesn’t draft on the 1st or 3rd if those dates are on the weekend . What that means is if the 3rd is on a sat . Your clients get paid on Friday the 2nd . sbli and I believe Aig ( I dont believe there true ss billing either ) won’t take that money until Monday . There’s a 98% chance by Monday that direct express card has zero balance and you draft bounces . Then you got to set up a double draft the next month . If they bounced 1premium what’s chances of them having the money for 2 premiums ?That’s if you can get them on the phone . Are you doing telesales ?

It’s great to be excited . But what posters are telling you this business has a lot of ups and downs in the first 1-2 yrs . For instance if you get a $1500 advance and 2 months later you get chargeback . That means the next 2 pieces you get no check as you clear the debit . Also what’s being told to you it’s very unusual for a direct express Gi to be spending $220 a month on a policy . There’s a great likelihood he lapses in the first yr . Overall Gi business has a very high lapse rate . I looked at my aig Gi book a while back . It had a lot of lapses in first yr . For me that’s throw away business . I don’t care if I write it .You need to learn to undersell premium vs overselling . Somebody with a direct express card overall should never be spending over $80 a month or so . They’re bad with their money so you think they’ll keep that $220 coming out of their check monthly ? Keep your head down and your emotions level . The journey ahead will have many bumps in the road . How you handle those bumps will determine if you make it in this business .

Very good advice.

Gulliver

Back