First Time on MA Wants Original Medicare

If some one told me they had nothing but A & B for years I would ask why

Maybe she is of low income qualifies for Medicaid or State assistance
Usually something is wrong that I might not want to deal with
If they went A & B only for a long period of time

She was referred to me by another client. I feel obligated to at least give her the time of day...

She was referred to me by another client. I feel obligated to at least give her the time of day...

I speak with many people U65 that don't have a supplement. The cost tends to be prohibitively high and there are states where the plans are not available.

In CA, Blue Shield is over $600/mo for U65 although they can get a Plan F for about $320 elsewhere. If possible I recommend Plan N for $256. Many people just don't have that much money and if there is no MA in the area will go with just Medicare.

How many people will spend more than $4,000 in OOP with just Medicare A&B? A supplement is not always a good buy although I would hate to be without it for chemo or multiple hospitalizations.

Rick

I hear ya,

I've had a few of those,

I had one client sent me 1 ref long waste of time
But I did give all advice and research, For nothing

And now she sends me good referrals every here and there
Def worth it

I speak with many people U65 that don't have a supplement. The cost tends to be prohibitively high and there are states where the plans are not available.

In CA, Blue Shield is over $600/mo for U65 although they can get a Plan F for about $320 elsewhere. If possible I recommend Plan N for $256. Many people just don't have that much money and if there is no MA in the area will go with just Medicare.

How many people will spend more than $4,000 in OOP with just Medicare A&B? A supplement is not always a good buy although I would hate to be without it for chemo or multiple hospitalizations.

Rick

It sounds like she aint in the greatest health. I was going to reccommend maybe a plan K or N. Although with the SEP or original medicare out of the question, there is a 5 star MAPD available, I might show her. (she dont like the mapd now because of the high OOP. the networks dont bother her) I'm going to see her this evening, and explain to her, her options. If nothing else, I will just build on the rapport and maybe during AEP, I can help her get back on original medicare with a supp.

It sounds like she aint in the greatest health. I was going to reccommend maybe a plan K or N. Although with the SEP or original medicare out of the question, there is a 5 star MAPD available, I might show her. (she dont like the mapd now because of the high OOP. the networks dont bother her) I'm going to see her this evening, and explain to her, her options. If nothing else, I will just build on the rapport and maybe during AEP, I can help her get back on original medicare with a supp.

Good luck with that. If she's U65 and in bad health, how will she qualify for a supp?

Rick

we'll see. AARP's underwriting in FL is pretty tame

Then do it now.

While I don't think they'll issue, you don't have to wait until AEP to apply.

BTW, if she doesn't like the OOP for a "free" MAPD, how much would she like the monthly OOP (premium) for a supplement? (I know you don't know yet, but thought I'd point that out).

Rick

Then do it now.

While I don't think they'll issue, you don't have to wait until AEP to apply.

BTW, if she doesn't like the OOP for a "free" MAPD, how much would she like the monthly OOP (premium) for a supplement? (I know you don't know yet, but thought I'd point that out).

Rick

how can i do it now? humana told me (unless they are wrong) b/c she is U65 and didnt get the MAPD, during an IEP or ICEP she doesn't qualify for the SEP to go back to original medicare. Are you telling me Humana is wrong?

---
idk, some people are funny like that. some people like a more predictable monthly expense. I'll find out more later today. There is a possibility I may not be able to do anything.

how can i do it now? humana told me (unless they are wrong) b/c she is U65 and didnt get the MAPD, during an IEP or ICEP she doesn't qualify for the SEP to go back to original medicare. Are you telling me Humana is wrong?

---
idk, some people are funny like that. some people like a more predictable monthly expense. I'll find out more later today. There is a possibility I may not be able to do anything.

For some reason I thought she had already dropped the MA plan. My bad!

Rick

I don't know if I'd count on the knowledge of the Humana person you talked to. I'd call Medicare w/ client and ask about returning to original medicare.

Back