FLORIDA - 10 Health Insurers For The Exchange

Re: FLORIDA - 10 Health Insurers For The Exchange.

Celtic is alive in Arkansas, oh.....and BX

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arkansas, Celtic/Novasys, QualChoice of Arkansas, and national Blue Cross Blue Shield met a Monday, June 3 deadline to announce their plans to bid for the state’s insurance exchange, known as the Health Insurance Marketplace (HIM).

Four insurers sign up for Arkansas health exchange | Business, Political, and Cultural News in Fort Smith and Northwest Arkansas

ehealth says uhc, qca and bcbsar are playing now... silver look alike is between 90 and 120 for a 40 male in pine bluff... lets see what the rates are.

celtic is playing..... interesting to say the least

where is texas?? I have searched the worldww over and found notta

Same with Iowa...If Iowa ends up with Wellmark and small regionals, I will probably bow out of exchange work. If I have contracts with at least a couple of players and those contracts are going to pay me, I will probably stay. Our DOI has not updated anything in years online. Sit and wait...

I guess they don't want blood on their hands, and to not tarnish the blue brand

Health Reform Weekly - Aetna Health Reform Connection

OREGON: The state’s largest health insurer – Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon – decided to back away from entering the state exchange under its familiar name. Instead, Regence has decided to create a new health plan and legal entity, known as BridgeSpan, to participate on the exchange.

Oregon is hiring more than 600 people this summer to help enroll people in the insurance exchange

I guess they don't want blood on their hands, and to not tarnish the blue brand

Health Reform Weekly - Aetna Health Reform Connection

OREGON: The state’s largest health insurer – Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon – decided to back away from entering the state exchange under its familiar name. Instead, Regence has decided to create a new health plan and legal entity, known as BridgeSpan, to participate on the exchange.

Oregon is hiring more than 600 people this summer to help enroll people in the insurance exchange

or, when they see the thing blowing up they can term all policies, go out of business and regroup

or, when they see the thing blowing up they can term all policies, go out of business and regroup

I agree with this assumption. That is most likely the strategy. It will probably be a regional player with a skinny network, and HMO-style restrictions, too.

It also gives them the option to 'acquire' the company if it is a success.

I don't know Florida however I just got back from south beach and did not stay in a holiday inn but I did see this:

most of those "off" name plans are mapd plans and they seem to specialize in snp's I think these plans will be focusd on the lower income that get the deductible subsidy.

if not the trend im seeing is mapd plans are playing in the ACA market.... backing up my thought from a year or 2 ago that this will look like mapd plans.... could I be right again?

MAPD/SNP plans
Health Options Inc.(HMO)
--Molina Healthcare of Florida Inc.(HMO)
--Simply Healthcare Plans Inc.(HMO)

--Sunshine State Health Plan Inc.(HMO)

Is this another blue cross plan bill?
Florida Health Care Plan Inc..(HMO)

Yes Florida Health Care Plan Inc. is also Florida Blue so out of the 10 3 are Florida Blue

I was quoted in a recent Sarasota Herald Tribune article:

A look at ins and outs of health care reform | HeraldTribune.com

For individuals "that decide not to buy health insurance, the penalty will be 1 percent of your income in 2014, and 2 percent in 2015," says Bill Steffen, a former Bradenton resident who sells health insurance in Florida and Arizona. For low- and moderate-income people who could not afford health insurance before, subsidies will be available to help them.

For individuals "that decide not to buy health insurance, the penalty will be 1 percent of your income in 2014, and 2 percent in 2015," says Bill Steffen, a former Bradenton resident who sells health insurance in Florida and Arizona. For low- and moderate-income people who could not afford health insurance before, subsidies will be available to help them.

well said.................

Keepin' your name in the public eye... Good job.

Latest posts

Back