Florida Blue Contract ?

I have talked to them and you have to be exclusive to them, have a FL resident health license, once they find out they would cancel your contract and forfeit your commissions.

Florida Blue requires exclusivity for their agents, your office won't be able to offer the other companies if you contract with FB

How is this legal under ACA?

Captive and restrictive appointments should be illegal.

Someone needs to lawyer up and challenge this issue against FL Blue.

I said it.

Under ACA I question the legality of captive agreements under several applicable reasons.

This is unacceptable in 2016 to have a company that refuses to appoint any broker for any reason. This is discrimination and violates the entire spirit and intent of ACA.

I sincerely hope someone challenges them legally.

Was on a webinar last week with them where the Sales Manager was saying that it's an "Exclusive" contract, not captive. They sent me an email after the webinar with instructions on how to contract with them.

Sent them an email back: No thank you, not interested in being a captive agent.

I agree that any insurance company requiring an agent be captive should not be allowed. It is NOT in the best interests of the general public when an agent is only allowed to represent certain companies, and not others.

It doesn't matter what the agent community thinks or says. The carriers are all very close to only dealing direct to consumers or forcing agents to be fee based.

Back