Florida Exchange Rates Out at 5 PM Today

Grouper

Expert
Florida
I just called the Florida OIR and was told a news release will be released at about 5 PM on their website (floir.com) with a link to the rates.

Strange Florida does not have an exchange and their is a Florida Blue seminar tomorrow and we have already been told the rates will not be released for the FFE.

I read that Bill and we all knew that was going to happen, did they happen to mention that a good percentage down here would receive a fairly decent subsidy to lower the rates? Over 400 percenter's are screwed.

http://www.floir.com/siteDocuments/Avg_Costs_PPACA.pdf

whoops you already found it. But it's not every plan. Is Humana only selling HMO's? Just comparison's I guess. I haven't gone far enough yet. I guess I should click on all links. lol
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
WTH, does it look like Blue Cross has any platinum plans? I saw zero under that column. We were told they would have two.

Last edited:
BCBS is showing 10 platinum ON exchange, 0 off exchange. but I believe they are also going under the name "Health Options" which has 4 platinum on exchange.

My other observations:

Humana seems to be targeting OFF exchange with 69 plans, 29 off exchange silver plans

Aetna only has ON exchange metal plans, and 3 catastrophic off exchange, but that's for under age 30, or above 8% of income people.

Cigna targeting ON exchange only

BCBS will be in every county, mostly ON exchange (53), OFF (8)

SW Florida (most of my current clients/referrals) - Sarasota, manatee, Lee, Collier, Charlotte counties only have 3-4 players, with 1 of them being BCBS.

Tampa/St Pete have up to 6 players

Miami to Palm Beach have up to 8/9 players - but most will be the new medicaid companies, now attempting to play in the exchange and going after subsidized customers.

Health Options is our HMO, so no PPO's off, platinum. Maybe it's because the counties I work in especially one they have figured 88,000 will qualify for some kind of subsidy. I did see they were all on the exchange. In the 4 or 5 counties I deal with not many players 3 or 4. Well who am I to say this looks strange? I'm not an actuary. I am wondering if this will be released tomorrow in our seminar, our area is the last seminar, the other parts of Florida have already had their second one.

http://www.floir.com/siteDocuments/Avg_Costs_PPACA.pdf

whoops you already found it. But it's not every plan. Is Humana only selling HMO's? Just comparison's I guess. I haven't gone far enough yet. I guess I should click on all links. lol
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
WTH, does it look like Blue Cross has any platinum plans? I saw zero under that column. We were told they would have two.

Thank-you for the comparison chart! I see that the average increase will be 35.2% for all Floridians. Will the ObamaCare puppets say that this is "lower than expected"? Under any other circumstances they would march on Washington if citizens were socked with a +35% increase, along with a reduction in Medical Network robustness. This is happening all across America..yet the Obama people are thankful that it's not as bad as they designed it to be?!?! WTH.

Where are you guys seeing what carriers are going to be in a particular county?

Back