Florida Newbie - Can I access carrier current writing guidlines?

Meyerbeck

Hello,
I am doing quotes for HO* and am finding that in central Florida I am getting a lot of rejections when I try to get a quote on the carrier website. I would love to find the data so I can create a spreadsheet of what companies are writing in the area and limits on homes age, roof age, etc. Obviously I have picked up a lot in my local area but I also plan to market in other areas of Florida. Is there any service that does this already?

My Florida broker friends (large and small) are telling me that only Citizens is writing new business in the state right now. Ask the agency owner. He/she knows what's going on and save yourself a lot of time.

My Florida broker friends (large and small) are telling me that only Citizens is writing new business in the state right now. Ask the agency owner. He/she knows what's going on and save yourself a lot of time.

Not totally true. many other companies write but below Lake Okeechobee it is primary Citizens.

I would love to find the data so I can create a spreadsheet of what companies are writing in the area and limits on homes age, roof age, etc

Let me stop you right there. By the time you build this spreadsheet - half the carriers will have changed their UW rules. Then you will change the spreadsheet and the carriers will force you to add a new colummn. After than colulmn is addded you will discover that the insurer now requires an auto package. You will then find out that that carrier no longer writes auto insurance in that state.

Part of the appeal of the local broker is in explaining to the local clients how quickly things change.

Back