Follow Up Systems

Outwiththeold

Okay, I have been at this for six months. Not long I know, but one thing has bothered me for over 5 months. I do the B2B door to door prospecting. If I set an appointment, great!, if not, I continue.

I know there needs to be a follow up system with all these contacts I get, but my trainer hasn't supplied any great words of wisdom. I just feel like there should be a system to re-connect with these people, else I should just pitch the names I collect.

Any great words of wisdom for this subject? I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks!

What would you follow up on? Not sure what it is you are prospecting for, but in general you want to get their x-date and 'permission' to quote their coverage when it comes up for renewal.

If you don't have an x-date, you don't have anything to followup on. If you do, it should be on your calendar. You should also drop them an occassional email (or letter) with information that is relavent to them.

Also, if you get an x-date, follow it up with a written thank you card/note, stating that you will followup with them when appropriate. Spend postage for this, not just an email.

Dan

Yes, that is what I am talking about. I go to prospect, "not interested, or see me in three months". So, an occassional letter, but is there a standard monthly schedule everyone uses?

What djs says, at least for P & C and I suppose employee benefits. I do commercial P & C and I do it in a fashion that works for me but maybe not for others. I keep ex-dates in a simple database so I can sort by all kinds of way. I keep the contacts info for the industry groups I work the most in Outlook contacts and in my Franklin Dayplanner I have written on the first day of the month which industry group I am going to contact whether by individual letter to each or email or whatever. I just want to keep my name in front of key prospects on a regular basis. There might be a better way to skin a cat and I looked at various CRM software programs and though I might be missing something, I just couldn't seem to find a way to make them work for me. Hope this helps.

Back