Following Up After Cold Knock.

I am sorry....I have seen call reluctance before, but you have a prospect asking you to reach out to them....Pick up the phone dial the number and tell them you are calling per the email...I think the only thing you might run into to is a...What the heck took you so long at this point.

"Hey, Bob. I got your email. I'm looking at my schedule now. What day works best for you to link up?"

He's ready to buy. Set the appt as quick as possible and then get off the phone.

My $0.02

ok I'm lost you cold knock on 100-150 biz every week and you are just scraping by, what in the world are you saying? then you get a guy sending you an email to come over and write some life insurance and you don't call.. we need more info because you should be writing a ton with that type of cold walking

ok I'm lost you cold knock on 100-150 biz every week and you are just scraping by, what in the world are you saying? then you get a guy sending you an email to come over and write some life insurance and you don't call.. we need more info because you should be writing a ton with that type of cold walking

I was thinking kind of the same thing, why after busting your ass building that much equity b2b would you still be hand 2 mouth...

Then, you gave the REASON .....
You WILL die w/o follow ups or check ups...there is no way you are maximizing the WORK you've already done by planting that many face to face seeds.

All that work 'bought' you some time saving calls vs constantly having to KILL all your time with face to face meetings......it's no wonder you're struggling you're too BUSY to make EVERY B.S. customer service issue a TRIP, when a phone call will do.

A professional only has SO MUCH time to do EVERYTHING, you are 'robbing' yourself by not using the phone the most effective tool introduced to man til this day bar none.

From M-F you've got maybe 60 workable clients hours (assuming you and more importantly your client is ok saying business 8a-8p)

Point is you must figure this out:
When I'm in doubt I HIRE out...now I don't mean just send the task away but get help.

Ex if you are SCARED to call "sneak' your way to a phone 'mentor'...
How? hire a former secretary or what not to be your P/T asst and have 'your asst' make your follow up calls but they MUST get done, period.

The asst. gives you a few things
1) Gives you time to LISTEN how to 'communicate' by phone by someone that does it. After the call is over you can questions to 'ease' your head you can have the calls recorded and 'see' it was no big deal that in a pinch you can do it etc.

2) Sometimes it is just more efficient to delegate jobs you don't do as well or you're not as interested in completing ( I feel you must build this skill at least to the point you're not STUCK b/c of it...
to be honest you may get to the point where I am now, where I don't have the patience to make calls any more so I pay my way past that task. But, I can do it if I needed to)

Somebody suggested making some a.m. 'gimme' calls with clients to get the 'marbles' out of your mouth and I LOVE that and those 'customer service' follow ups can be done WITH your asst she/he does one or two then you try back and forth...

Sometimes we humans work better in a 'group' setting that's why we go to the gym 'together' and pass ideas along in forums if you need your hand held fine don't WAIT for help, hire help...it can be p/t heck it's summer offer an internship or a summer gig for a teacher or a retiree there are plenty of folks that can 'spit' on the phone that would chit their pants doing what you do.

Mastering follow up calls is NOTHING most ppl have a problem cold calling not reaching out to a 'date' that you've already SEEN.

It's because when you're cold knocking you're not always going to find or talk to the owner/decision maker. For that reason cold calling 100-150 business per week not nearly enough! Try walking in 100-150 business per day and you'll likely move beyond just keeping your head above water.

Back