Forbes: "More Solid Proof That Obamacare Is Working"

The article is horse manure.Health care reform is trying to make horses out of horse manure.Lots of idiots believing in this crap.

How about this one off the healthcare.gov propaganda site:
The Affordable Care Act: One Year Later

Reforms under the Affordable Care Act have brought an end to some of the worst abuses of the insurance industry. These reforms have given Americans new rights and benefits, by helping more children get health coverage....

Maybe its just me, but the under 19 crowd definitely isnt better off where I work.

I will say, though, that we need an overhaul. What we've got now is nonsense. What we're gonna get from Obamacare is worse.

Honestly, I think Newt was misunderstood on the thing that wrecked his campaign. Really, I'm a libertarian so the thought of the feds requiring me to buy something makes my skin crawl, but lets face it, those of us that are productive are picking up the tab for those that are irresponsible under the current system, so requiring those yahoos to pitch in wouldnt be a bad thing- even if its a tax and voucher system of some sort.

More on the point of this thread, that article is comical.

To the original poster: the distribution method for health insurance is going to be changed completely. Going into health right now would be pretty foolish in my book.

Cmon'....nobody is out there for a free ride. We all work hard for our food stamps and unemployment checks. If you don't believe me, check out this story:

If you have not seen this before, you may find it interesting...
Below is a letter written by a young physician by the name of Dr. Starner Jones, an attending ER Physician in Mississippi...it was written in 2009 and published in the local paper.... His short two-paragraph letter to the White House accurately puts the blame on a "Culture Crisis" instead of a "Health Care Crisis". It's worth a quick read:

Dear Sirs:
During my shift in the Emergency Room last night, I had the pleasure of evaluating a patient whose smile revealed an expensive
Shiny gold tooth, whose body was adorned with a wide assortment of elaborate and costly tattoos, who wore a very expensive
Brand of tennis shoes, and who chatted on a new cellular telephone equipped with a popular R&B ring tone. While glancing over her Patient chart, I happened to notice that her payer status was listed as "Medicaid"!
During my examination of her, the patient informed me that she smokes more than one costly pack of cigarettes every day
and somehow still has money to buy pretzels and beer.
And, you and our Congress expect me to pay for this woman's health care? I contend that our nation's "health care crisis" is not the result of a shortage of quality hospitals, doctors or nurses. Rather, it is the result of a "crisis of culture", a culture in which it is perfectly acceptable to spend money on luxuries and vices while refusing to take care of one's self or, heaven forbid, purchase health insurance.
It is a culture based on the irresponsible Liberal credo that "I can do whatever I want to because someone else will always take care of me."
Once you fix this "culture crisis" that rewards irresponsibility and dependency, you'll be amazed at how quickly our nation's health care difficulties will disappear.
Respectfully,
STARNER JONES, MD

This a brown thing?

Speaking as someone who was kind of recently a part of that age group; you are correct.

The ones who want it want it because they are sick/hurt/pregnant; not only that, but their parents are usually paying for it to boot.

That means when they are too old to be on the parents plan, they will not be paying for an individual plan of their own.... so between age 27 - "have a decent job & actually realize the need for HI" (maybe age 30-35), they will not be covered and contributing to the pool.

Many children are pampered and feel entitled. They ride things out on their parents insurance for free and subsequently feel entitled to cheap health insurance in their 30's...

Back