Former employer long out of business, what recourse for L564?

Tom in RI

Expert
I have a client who has been on Medicare due to disability since 1990. She presented her L564 from her spouse’s job which indicated coverage as a dependent since 2004. His prior employers under which she was covered as a dependent from 1990 to 2004 are all out of business. She is looking at a Part B LEP of 150%. What recourse, if any, might she have?

I have a client who has been on Medicare due to disability since 1990. She presented her L564 from her spouse’s job which indicated coverage as a dependent since 2004. His prior employers under which she was covered as a dependent from 1990 to 2004 are all out of business. She is looking at a Part B LEP of 150%. What recourse, if any, might she have?

Also, My MYMEDICARE account shows the names of all my employer health insurance coverage between the age of 65 and the date I went on PART B coverage.

I have never known if that information is there only because of L564's I provided or if it had a different source.

If her MyMedicare account would happen to show something like that, I don't know if there might be a way to use that as a solution for the problem.

(If your clients don't already have MySocial Security and MyMedicare accounts, getting them may be a bit of a PIA but it is my personal (non-agent) opinion that one should have those accounts.

try to get any proof they had insurance such as pay stubs ,id cards etc.This is not that unusual i had one like this years ago and they were able to come with some proof they had EGHB.They could also call their congressman and let those no good lying bastards do some honest work for a change for one of their constituents.

If she's been on Medicare due to her disability since 1990, who's asking for prior employment and why?

Medicare for disability includes both A & B. Something is missing here.

Part B was probably declined due to coverage through spouse.
Agree. That's the only reason I come up with. And it sounds like she's ready to sign up for part B.

If that's the case she has until the end of this month to sign up. And it's going to be hard to avoid the lep.

The good news is she'll be able to with either a MAPD or a Supplement with no health questions.

Back