Officials at the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services are encouraging seniors and other members of the public to become fraud detectives by reporting misleading or deceptive sales tactics to 800-MEDICARE, the agency’s 24-hour information hotline. Suspects include postcards designed to look like they’re from the government and TV ads with celebrities promising benefits and low fees that are available only to some people in certain counties.

https://kffhealthnews.org/news/article/medicare-advantage-deceptive-sales-tactics-federal-crackdown/

This sounds like the DIY checkout lanes at Walmart . . .

70% of T65 are coming off EGH . . . many of them have never had to choose a health insurance plan.

They also never had a health insurance plan that included cards to buy food, golf lessons and cab fare to the doctor.

It's not surprising they are overwhelmed and confused . . . the "free everything" pitches only make things more difficult. Many seniors will end up making choices they may later regret only to discover they are stuck in a plan they can't escape. It's like the Hotel California . . . you can check out but never leave.

By the time they figure out the golden plan isn't as pitched it is too late to change and they figure it won't do any good to complain. When everyone including the government is pushing a no premium plan who are they to believe?

I did two years of "Avoiding senior scams" Seminars at Seniors complexes. As far as I know not one of the hundreds that sat it paid any attention

Even when I get a client that calls me that someone made a scam attempt, they refuse to turn them in

If people are wilfully ignorant, lazy, apathetic. what can one do

PS Med supps now 14 million and MA 32 million and the gap is widening every day.

I write MA although not an advocate of them for most of my clientele. However, for some, they can be a god-send. Do this long enough and you'll see plenty of examples where MA/MAPD is the solution. Besides the obvious D-SNP and C-SNP cases, those priced out of their Med Supp plans are infinitely better off with MAPD vs. just dropping that now expensive Plan F. Or what about those poor souls who never knew or bothered to sign up for a Supplement and now can't pass medical underwriting?

I learned long ago: Don't put your wallet in the other guy's pocket. Just because you may not "believe" in MAPD doesn't make it smart to ignore it. It's not a religion...it's insurance. Our job is to help the client find their best solution. Then shut up and write the app.

And you find me annoying because you are weak-minded. And oddly proud of it..
Actually he's forgotten more about medicare than you know. I've lost count of the newbies like you. They come blowing in, trying to teach us about medicare. Fact is, we know more than you do.

Some may find you annoying. I don't. I'm laughing at your dumb ass.

I also love how "newbie" is supposed to be an insult. lol...
I'm pretty sure that I get up every morning, turn on my computer and start doing shit that you haven't even learned yet.

All we know about you is that you've been doing medicare for about 7 years and that you're in Birmingham. Other than that, you're hiding behind some forum name. Grow a pair of balls and tell us who you are and something about you. Maybe then some of us will take you serious. I won't but some might.

Otherwise, keep hiding and keep slinging insults. I'll keep laughing at you.

They ain't so bad. Plus I'm the #1 female at riding wheelies on a mo-ped now.
They've run my fat ass through the operating room six different times since August. I'm on a first name basis with all the peeps working in OR and they even invited me to the OR Christmas party.

Over $300,000 in bills so far with more coming. All on original medicare and a plan G. Not one pre-cert or one referral. And so far, I don't owe one damn dime. OM rocks.

Like I said… you think WAAAY to highly of yourself… lol…

And who I am has nothing to do with the substance of the conversation. The facts speak for themselves. That’s why you prefer not to talk about them and would rather talk about me. That’s called an ad homenim… but you haven’t demonstrated a grasp of logic or math… just anecdotes..
I figured as much. Just another forum troll with no balls.

I agree, agents who lie about MAPD, and only push medsupps in order to make the bigger commissions should be prosecuted.
Except what you say is not true. In the case of someone aging in to Medicare, I get paid roughly $600 first year, and $300 renewal. That's at least as good (and usually better) than the supplement companies are offering to pay.

Back