Free Meds direct from Mfg.

GreenSky

Guru
5000 Post Club
Henderson, NV
This information was posted earlier today by insurance 0707 in the wrong thread and she was slammed for it by a number of members of the forum.

While it was indeed in the wrong place, none of us took courses in how to post properly and perhaps a moderator could have just moved it or suggested that it be reposted elsewhere - without taking someone's head off.

Anyway, the information that was posted was about a web site where low income people could apply for and receive medication at no cost through various patient assistance programs from the drug companies.

I happened upon this site, www.needymeds.com after my mother had a stroke 6 years ago and moved in with us. Her medication costs were over $500 a month. Fortunately, I was able to use this site to learn how to apply for free medication.

Since that time I've help many people do the same. Part D actually is hurting some seniors who fall into a low income category (under $28,000 per year) in that now they pay a premium and copay for drugs. The patient assistance programs did not disqualify a person for having some assets, only income restrictions.

The information that insurance0707 posted might have been of great value to some of us. It's a shame that the "zero premium" fever has stopped some of us from seeing the meaning of a message and only has allowed for attacks.

I would have answered the attacks in the other thread, but then I'd be a sitting duck.

Rick

Last edited:
Thanks for link. I believe Bob (somarco) posted this same link a few months ago as I have it in my favorites. I do not deal in the senior market but here is another site you can look into http://www.canadadrugs.com/

-J.R.

my mom died of emphysema but before she did and I turned her on to this site that got her inhalers for less than the local drug stores could get them at cost...
http://www.tcds.com/

Thiltgen, Nancy J. (LeBlanc)

[SIZE=-1]Nancy J. Thiltgen - EL CAMPO[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]EL CAMPO - Nancy Joan Thiltgen, 67, of El Campo, died Sunday, Dec. 19, 2004.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]She was born Nov. 16, 1937, in Baytown, to the late Manuel June LeBlanc and Zelda Daugherty Toups. She was retired from work with Drs. Erwin and Dornak as a veterinarian assistant, and a member of St. Philip the Apostle Catholic Church.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Survivors: stepmother, Mary Frances LeBlanc of Dayton; daughter, Marcile Thiltgen of El Campo; son, Scott Thiltgen of Cedar Park; sister, Betty Ann Holitzke of Tyler; half brother, Jerry Stokley of Columbus; and three grandchildren.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Preceded in death by: brother, Harry LeBlanc.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Visitation will be 12 noon Tuesday at the Triska Funeral Home.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Services will be 12:30 p.m. Wednesday at St. Philip the Apostle Catholic Church, the Rev. Gary Janak officiating.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Burial will be at Myrtle Cemetery in Rock Island. Triska Funeral Home, El Campo, 979-543-3681.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Victoria Advocate online, December 20, 2004[/SIZE]

I have accumulated a list of sites that help those who are unable to pay for meds, doctor bills, etc and post them on my site. You may view them here and make note of those that can be helpful.

see what can happen if you venture out of the 0 prem life thread.....

So that still has a life?

I "disenrolled" from the thread a while back. Got better things to do than argue with a doorknob.

somarco....I don't know if you'd want to add this to your list, but the Walmart generic prescription program has been very helpful also. People can get most generic prescriptions at wal mart with just a $4 copay. They don't have to be seniors, anyone can get them. They have a list of the generics that are available on the wal mart website. Some of my clients that meet the doughnut hole/gap in coverage with Part D go there to get there generics filled.

Back