From Quote to Sale. Any suggestions?

The leads I had are all exclusive and either business owners or self employed-I have already gone through the information gathering and quoting process, they have said it looks good but haven't yet signed up. Do you have any advice for that? Thanks is advance.

Do you ask the potential clients if they would prefer to complete the application online or via phone?

If I understand things correctly you do the following with each client

1)Quote a plan exactly what they want with all the bells and whistles.
2) Quote a different plan based on your recommendations (i.e, no co-pays, higher deductible, etc.)
3) Suggest a 3rd plan (i.e., HSA Plan)
4) Let the client decide which plan they want.

Is that about right? If so, do the clients normally have quotes printed out for each of the aforementioned plans?

That's pretty much it.

Most of my prospects are internet leads. I talk them through it over the phone. Some get it, some dont. All get a copy of the plans we discussed by email within 10 minutes after I hang up.

I imagine you are talking about the HSA 100 because the OOP max for any of the Plan 100, 80 or Saver 80 is 2X the deductible per family, per calendar year.

Actually, no. I pitch towards the Plan 100. Never show the Saver plans, they are just junk. The 2x per family is a non-issue most of the time. I can cover the details later. Right now just hitting the hight points and trying to re-adjust their thinking AWAY FROM copay plans.

Do you ask the potential clients if they would prefer to complete the application online or via phone?

I give them the option of completing a paper app & faxing to me for review (my preference) or allowing me to take the app by phone. I would never turn a client over to an online app without my feedback.

salpro22 said:
The leads I had are all exclusive and either business owners or self employed-I have already gone through the information gathering and quoting process, they have said it looks good but haven't yet signed up. Do you have any advice for that? Thanks is advance.

that is a good line, I will try it.

I continue to fill up the pipeline, sent out 3 quotes today after only having time to follow up with 3 leads-I have the lead to quote process locked in, I suppose the quote to sale process is on the way also.

Since they are web based, you likely have their email addresses. Use the email addresses as a means out follow-up, using a web based autoresponder. Make sure you ask permission when you speak to them if you can contact them via email.

Personalize the messages, set them in the autoresponder so you can put it all on autopilot and drip them every 7-days or so.

Back