Frustrated Life Agent - Help Needed

I have lost 5 huge permanent policies this past month due to price. It takes hard work to get these good prospects so it hurts when you lose to them due to price....I'm definitely jumping ship soon if this keeps up....

and

It's a bit hard to sell myself when they're saving $75+ a month.....

OK, it's impossible to do anything but a wag since I am not privy to every detail of your situation, but it SEEMS as if you are trying to force the sale.

Are you putting your client first or your wallet?

It makes a difference.

Some years back, a buddy of mine got married to a Louisiana gal in New Awlins. Not sure I've been the same since....

Sounds like the old joke.

"My wife ran off with my best friend and I really miss him .. ."

and

OK, it's impossible to do anything but a wag since I am not privy to every detail of your situation, but it SEEMS as if you are trying to force the sale.

Are you putting your client first or your wallet?

It makes a difference"

That maybe true....They pretty much know what coverage they want.....I don't go out looking for them....All I have to do is get my name out to the community that I sell life insurance.....and they'll come looking for me when they're ready...They don't care about cash value/accumulation....they just want the face amount there when they need it....and they do not believe in term insurance.....I quote them our cheapest Whole life policy and our cheapest UL policy and still get whooped......

You can also get cremated for 1-2 grand and forget the expense of it all.

Yes, but 70% of the people don't want that. Plus many people who are cremated have a funeral first and are cremated afterwards.

They can also have cheaper funerals. It's a lot like hotels. Lots of people would never pay more for a hotel than what Micro-tel or Travel Lodge would charge. Lots of others would not stay in anything less than a Conrad or Loews. MOST people fall somewhere in the middle. Funerals are just like that. Most people want something in the middle.

All I have to do is get my name out to the community that I sell life insurance.....and they'll come looking for me when they're ready...I quote them our cheapest Whole life policy and our cheapest UL policy and still get whooped......

These statements are contradictory.

If you really have that much credibility, they won't shop you.

It's that simple.

If I understand your posts, you are working in a niche market that is transactional by nature and price-sensitive versus ratings-sensitive on the needed perm products?

You will simply have to decide whether the niche is sufficiently valuable enough (long term) to make the adjustment necessary to deliver what they want.

In niche ethnic markets, ratings often come a distant third or lower compared to premium and trust. It appears you already have the trust in that you have penetrated that market. Now you just need the premiums to compete.

To me it seems you have two choices:

1. If the niche is viable long-term and you really want to work in that market, get out of the situation you are in now and get access to the products and pricing that are beating you. Obviously they are buying on price, so that is what you need to deliver.

2. Work in another market with your current situation where the quality of your product has higher impact that the premium.

Decent quoting tool (slimmed down version of Compulife), but this tool (site) only quotes carriers this agency is contracted with. It does not include every carrier that will write a UL. Not to say they aren't among the cheapest, but there are others available that aren't listed in this version of the software which means you could short change the client if you rely on this alone.
You are right about that. Can you also recommend a free quote engine which contains more insurance companies so everyone can benefit? If we have a few of those, we may get a complete picture, for free!

You are right about that. Can you also recommend a free quote engine which contains more insurance companies so everyone can benefit? If we have a few of those, we may get a complete picture, for free!

Compulife offers their term comparison for free at www.term4sale.com. Of course, this is ONLY the term comparison and does not include the UL guarantees to age 100. My point was that someone shouldn't depend solely on that site you referenced for their UL quotes. You either need to subscribe to Compulife or get contracted with multiple carriers.

I have seen ads in this area for direct cremation, i.e., no service, viewing, etc., for $600.00. Of course, there may be a Catch-22 when it comes to the disposition of the cremains such as an overpriced urn.

Last edited:
Back