Future of Individual Health for Brokers

...I enjoyed the old person-to-person biz model. The fun of the business was meeting and getting to know the people.

Very well put. I believe there will always be agents and consumers who share this viewpoint. Even if I worked 80hrs/wk, if I needed a policy of some sort, I think I'd make time to meet with someone to explain the in/outs instead of going onto a website.

...It's a great time to be young, energetic, entrepreneurial, and technically astute in this sector...

I'm relatively new to the industry but definitely have a passion for it. If there's someone who I can help, even if I don't have the answer, I can at least try directing them to someone who does. Isn't that part of our value to our clients?

Last edited:
You know its sad to see this forum turn into such a pit of doom. Doesn't anyone have anything good to say on here. Life is not about what happens to you, but how you respond to it.

The health insurance industry, at least in GA, has been predominately ran by middle to older white haired good ole boys. These people, and society in general, does not like change. Even more, they don't know how to react to change. And so they sit behind their computers and complain in public forums from one to another on how bad this industry is going to be.

Meanwhile, the new brokers and agents are stealing your business! Everyday I see clients walk into my office because their past insurance agent quit or changed professions. So thanks for sitting behind your computers instead of getting on the phones!

I was born into this industry and so were my children. Insurance is the toughest sale you'll ever make! Only 10% of the people who start finish. But once you achieve that PASSIVE RESIDUAL INCOME, boy life is sweet. Knowing when you wake up Jan. 1 of the new year you have 6 figure trails coming in....

And who really knows what the future of HCR will turn into. It could change in 2012 and beyond. But for people on here to cry and complain and say "We are f**cked" because of Obamacare -- You need to man up! Stand up! And change with change! If your not constantly getting better everyday then your getting worse. And it doesn't help for you to pollute this forum with your negative attitudes.

Enough Said.

I agree with you. I don't post much on this because you have the same squawkers on this board that like to bully people around and cry chicken little the sky is falling. Im rocking right now and dont plan on looking back. I do agree that individual health is going to only be for those who play in the as earned field and work in other areas as well. The comp will be to low to just work individual. I do Medicare, Individual, term, annuities, accident and CI plans and I sleep well at night. Things are changing...this means opportunity in my book. Im with you, dont let these knuckleheads in your head because they are not writing deals thats why they have so much time to post.

"Do the right thing and you cant go wrong"

Latest posts

Back