Gave wrong information to group. What would you do?

jack3454

Super Genius
I was doing a presentation on Medicare to a group of people and watching the video of it later on, I totally gave wrong info on something, I messed up plan N. I have most of the peoples contact information. Would you call them and correct what was wrong? Im afraid that might make me look like I have no idea what Im talking about or an amateur. Thoughts?

I sent out an update letter to my entire client base during AEP - and had several updates but one in particular - I said the Part B deductible would be $140 in 2024. Pure typo since it's $240 and we all know that.

So, don't feel bad.

Especially if it came out of your mouth and isn't written, you're fine. People make mistakes. To expect perfection of yourself will always leave you disappointed. Be well intentioned and if you make a mistake that someone calls out, own it. It will make you both feel better. But, you don't have to apologize for every mistake you make to every person who was in the vicinity of your mistake.

They most likely don’t remember exactly how plan N works still. Depending on what you said, just explain it correctly when you talk to them one-on-one. And I would not mention the mess up.

Thanks, I said Plan N pays for excess charges. I wasnt thinking correctly and thats something I haven’t gotten wrong before. But I definitely will explain it correctly in person.

I sent out an update letter to my entire client base during AEP - and had several updates but one in particular - I said the Part B deductible would be $140 in 2024. Pure typo since it's $240 and we all know that.

So, don't feel bad.

Haha! That’s totally something I could see myself doing! That makes me feel better.

Especially if it came out of your mouth and isn't written, you're fine. People make mistakes. To expect perfection of yourself will always leave you disappointed. Be well intentioned and if you make a mistake that someone calls out, own it. It will make you both feel better. But, you don't have to apologize for every mistake you make to every person who was in the vicinity of your mistake.

Yeah it was said not written. I appreciate that. It was just so stupid I realized afterwards I explained it incorrectly.

I would contact anyone you have info for and correct the mistake. Just say that you misspoke and wanted them to have the correct info when they start making decisions on which coverage suits them best. Making mistakes causes you to seem relatable, the main thing is correcting them, which will let them know that you are honest.

Back