Geico claim - 2023

WinoBlues

Guru
5000 Post Club
So, I come out of a music venue and find a business card on my door from the venue manager.

They saw someone back into my car and bail. PD runs the plate, they contact the guy. He says he doesn't remember backing into me. My choice to him was exchange insurance info,except liability or I file hit and run charges with two witnesses.

So I called Geico this morning, they need to contact him. I have been texting with him and he is very apologetic about hitting my car.

Question - should I contact my carrier, USAA, or see how this plays out. I expect a mid size like and kind rental. I also expect full hood and bumper painted and re ceramic coating.

Damage middle of my bumper cover broken and front lip of my hood bent. From trailer hitch.

I live about 3 hours from this coastal town.

Thanks

If your car is drivable, you can afford to wait a few days to see how things play out with GEICO.

If your car is not drivable, make the claim with USAA and you'll get your car fixed way sooner with a lot less hassle.

If you have any more questions, let me know.

Thanks.

I am super confident in USAA Xs about 35 years. Geico, I have no experience with.

Appreciate the information.

If you have any more questions, let me know.

Thanks

Rental- am going to require a rental, am I correct that I am due a like and kind vehicle?

Hood and bumper- the bumper has a hole in it from the trailer hitch. I want what I have, which is an OEM bumper fully painted. Not a patch and color match. Am I required to accept an aftermarket bumper? Hood is minor damage. Front edge bent in a bit. However, if they have to paint I will push for the whole hood to be done.

What am I due as the claimant.

I had planned on having the hood and bumper painted due to rock chips anyway. Freaking black cars.

Thanks

Good. Go with USAA and let USAA handle getting reimbursed by GEICO, which will include any deductible you have.

Do you have rental reimbursement coverage on your policy?

Oops, didn't read this before my other post.

Yes, I have rental. I need to check my limits.

Yeah, Geico hasn't called me back yet. So I may call USAA in the AM.

Appreciate the reply

Lee

Back