General Questions about Assisting Family Member

cai24

Expert
I am a newer producer, so I am sorry for asking what is probably a stupid question. I would like to help my dad with changing his PDP, and I just want to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong. Apart from treating him like anyone else from a compliance standpoint, is there anything important that I should know? Are most carriers fine with this, or is it something that I should research with each one? I definitely appreciate any advice, as this would be my first time assisting a family member.

Whoa... very much out of compliance to help a family member! :laugh:

...just kidding.

Just make sure that if they ask if your are related to the individual that you answer it properly, other wise they are pretty much treated the same. You might want to see if it will effect how commissions are paid.

Are you just going to go to Medicare.gov and enroll him? Or, are you going to sell him a Medicare Part D plan?
I mean I could, but is there a reason for me not to sell it? I know it's minimal commission, but at least it gives me practice with the whole process.

Whoa... very much out of compliance to help a family member! :laugh:

...just kidding.

Just make sure that if they ask if your are related to the individual that you answer it properly, other wise they are pretty much treated the same. You might want to see if it will effect how commissions are paid.

Thank you!

Back