Wellcare Member Site

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Wellcare update. Got my ID card and registered as a member on their site. Very confusing. They ask which plan I want as if I am looking for coverage. The "help" bot is identified as a licensed agent. Most of the site is advertising for other products. Everything seems to funnel you into an area where you can "shop" for plans.

Nothing subtle about their marketing.

Wellcare update. Got my ID card and registered as a member on their site. Very confusing. They ask which plan I want as if I am looking for coverage. The "help" bot is identified as a licensed agent. Most of the site is advertising for other products. Everything seems to funnel you into an area where you can "shop" for plans.

What did your Wellcare rep say after you called them?

How did you handle the payment question?

Does one just leave that and it will somehow go to auto SS billing or is a call to them necessary?

Just wait until next year when they roll out their Part D give back. A whole 25 cents added back to your check.

At least it isn't like Obamacare where you estimate your income for the year, betting on the come, only to be slapped with a clawback.

In my current WellCare account, the billings and received payments are a month off.

They put my Jan 2023 charge ($7) as a Dec 2022 charge. My Jan 2024 charge ($0.50) is showing as a Dec 2023 charge, giving me a current outstanding balance of $7.50.

I can't remember if the online enrollment through planfinder allowed specifiying deducting payment from Social Security.

Wellcare requires an actual phone call to them to discuss Social Security billing. I would prefer not to do that, so I guess I need to watch for Dec letters from Social Security.

In my current WellCare account, the billings and received payments are a month off.

They put my Jan 2023 charge ($7) as a Dec 2022 charge. My Jan 2024 charge ($0.50) is showing as a Dec 2023 charge, giving me a current outstanding balance of $7.50.

I can't remember if the online enrollment through planfinder allowed specifiying deducting payment from Social Security.

Wellcare requires an actual phone call to them to discuss Social Security billing. I would prefer not to do that, so I guess I need to watch for Dec letters from Social Security.

Do they give you the option to switch your billing mode? The foreigner that mb & I spoke with told us to call SSA to change away from SS billing to Auto-pay. I really don’t want to call SS.

Do they give you the option to switch your billing mode? The foreigner that mb & I spoke with told us to call SSA to change away from SS billing to Auto-pay. I really don’t want to call SS.
Premium Payments
Pay your Premium

there is a large box marked
Recurring and Autopay Payments

In that there is a blue bar marked set up autopay.

You'll have to take it from there. Also, I do not know if using those screens would automatically cancel SS check deduction.

Back