Generate my own DM mortgage protection leads

DemetriceU

Hello Forum!

I have been trying to find the steps to take in generating my own DM mortgage protection leads. I have been researching and researching! I would like to have someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks for your help!

Hi TwiLight!

I would like to do the whole process (name list, printing, stuff & mail, and return mail) :)

I did this for years but stopped in 2012 and switched to Medicare.

1. Buy good list
2. Go to the post office and get a BRM (Business Reply Mail) account which allows the post office to deduct the cost of a reply mailer. You'll have to deposit money in it.
3. Go to your local post office and ask to speak to the person handling "bulk mail." That person will give you the name of a local printer who will print, stuff the flyer in an envelope, pre-sort it and deliver it to the post office. Believe me, it's cheaper to do this through a printer than for you to do it yourself (I did this at first myself).
4. Develop a good relationship with your postal carrier.

Postage prices can be based on a number of factors:
Good luck. I wish you well.

Hey Mickey, thanks for the info. I've seen you weigh in on a couple posts referring to your good old days selling MP to focusing on Medicare now.
May I ask why the change? I thought the good thing about MP is you can sell pretty much all year long but Medicare is mostly relegated to AEP.

MP was night time work.
The field became very crowded.
Just wanted a change.
Medicare commissions are more in the long run.
Hey Mickey, thanks for the info. I've seen you weigh in on a couple posts referring to your good old days selling MP to focusing on Medicare now.
May I ask why the change? I thought the good thing about MP is you can sell pretty much all year long but Medicare is mostly relegated to AEP.

MP was night work. Clients work in the days and are only available at night.
Field became very crowded.
2008 hit and mortgages hit all-time low.
Needed a change.
Sick of underwriting.
Tired of driving in traffic, especially at night when trying to find residential street.

When I entered the Medicare field, I was dealing with non-working seniors on both
Medicare & Medicaid so it was daytime work.
Medicare has no underwriting for people turning 65 and new to Medicare or those on
Medicare but enrolling in a Medicare Advantage HMO plan..
Commissions are much greater over a 6-year period.
All my sales are done over the phone and through the mail.

Back