Getting a Release

R

robertb4321

I am trying to get a release from a company and was informed that I may have a debit balance to pay off first.. The company has tried to collect a so called debt and I disputed this with the credit bureaus and they removed this from my credit report. If an insurance company cannot validate any debt then how can they withold a release. The company I am dealing with is Bankers Life and Casualty one of the worst companies to deal with. Any suggestions on how to handle this?

I am trying to get a release from a company and was informed that I may have a debit balance to pay off first.. The company has tried to collect a so called debt and I disputed this with the credit bureaus and they removed this from my credit report. If an insurance company cannot validate any debt then how can they withold a release. The company I am dealing with is Bankers Life and Casualty one of the worst companies to deal with. Any suggestions on how to handle this?

In person.
Go to your former manager or agency owner and get a signed letter stating that you have no debt balance. This will help you in the future if they send you to Vector.
As far as needing a release. You don't need one. You already know how terrible they are, so I assume you aren't switching to another Bankers agency. You are free to contract with other companies, as soon as you'd like.
Good luck in your future pursuits!

If you are not going to contract with them under another manager or IMO, then why do you even need a release?

I would suggest getting a couple good contracts now before they vector you.

Agreed. Once you get vectored, its a wrap unless you submit proof of payment. As others have stated, you only need a release if you want to move an existing contract with a carrier to a different upline.

Last edited:
I am trying to recontract with Coventry and going thru another agency agentpipeline. Coventry has a contract with bankers to sell medicare plans and wont change my hierarchy unless I get a release from Bankers.

I am trying to recontract with Coventry and going thru another agency agentpipeline. Coventry has a contract with bankers to sell medicare plans and wont change my hierarchy unless I get a release from Bankers.

Who wants to sell a Bankers supplement anyway. They are usually very uncompetitive.

Who wants to sell a Bankers supplement anyway. They are usually very uncompetitive.

My guess is it is not Bankers he is concerned about but a
PDP or MA plan that Bankers Contracted its agents to. You are unlikely to get a release and may have to sit out from that carrier for 6 months to a year. Find out who else is competitive and get appointed with them.

Bankers is so bad they need to use other companies products. Then when you are done with your captive contract with them, you are blocked from selling them.

Another reason to avoid them I didn't think of.

Find somebody with a UHC contract and go with them until you wait out your non-production period with Coventry. This is just a tiny, minor bump in the road. Really, nothing to worry about.

Back