Getting a Strange Error....

desertsun

Expert
"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in /*****/*****/****/forum/includes/functions_search.php on line 197" What does this mean?

Last edited by a moderator:
It is very well possible that "sitedoc" is completely innocent. My current theory is, that Drupal sites tend to corrupt over the time; this might not matter for small projects that run for a few years and then become abandoned, but most of my projects are quite large and long term (my oldest and largest websites are from 1994, and I'm pretty attentive when it comes to data degradation).Of course, I don't know what the hell I am talking about. I just copied and pasted this. I suspect, that Drupal lacks mechanisms to keep the database in a sane state, especially regarding to "dangerous waste" from prior installed modules, remains of unused tables and data structures etc. When I migrated the 20k-node-site to another server a few months ago, I couldn't restore the database without using the "--force" option; during the upgrade fron MySQL 4.x to 5.x, I lost most of my site's non-7bit-content (e.g. Greek, Arabic, and Russian quotes, and typographic symbols), and just a few days ago I discovered, that Drupal seems not to support some Polish characters. In the site in question, it is impossible to use the "nodewords" module, and I'm getting continous errors from the unmaintained "amazontools" module ("Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2897 bytes) in /var/www/drupal/includes/database.mysql.inc on line 188"); also, Cron runs tend to die due to these errors. I tried to use "sitedoc" to cleanup the site, so possibly the errors appearing when using "sitedoc" simply expose problems caused by *other* modules, Drupal core, or my own misconfigurations.

Wow, that post is making me dizzy. I'm not a tech guy. Is there anything I can do? I got it when I tried to make a post...It redirected to a page and that. Would like to make posts =(

Hi there,

Were you trying to attach a document or maybe was copy/pasting content from other sites.

Those are the reasons I can think of which could trigger that PHP error.

Thanks,
Val.

Hi there,

Were you trying to attach a document or maybe was copy/pasting content from other sites.

Those are the reasons I can think of which could trigger that PHP error.

Thanks,
Val.
I was trying to paste some text from a word processor. I suppose that may have done it. I'll try to make the post again without pasting, though it will be tedious. Might it be possible that there was too much text in the post? It was a lot of text?

Yes there are certain restrictions in place which prevent harmful scripts and too many text/characters in a single post.

Val.

Back