Getting Contracted With Medicare Supplement Companies

Hello all I am an independent insurance agent who has been in business now for about a year. Previously I worked in the banking industry, which really helped me when it came to interacting with the customer. I could use some help. I want to get contracted with several insurance companies to sell Medicare Supplements. Which are the best companies and is there an agent broker company that I can go through for this. I am licensed and based in Wisconsin. I appreciate any help.

Hello all I am an independent insurance agent who has been in business now for about a year. Previously I worked in the banking industry, which really helped me when it came to interacting with the customer. I could use some help. I want to get contracted with several insurance companies to sell Medicare Supplements. Which are the best companies and is there an agent broker company that I can go through for this. I am licensed and based in Wisconsin. I appreciate any help.

I offer contracts with MOO, Gerber, Woodmen, Sentinel, Antex and Standard Life. Standard Life, United of Omaha and Gerber appear to be the only three I could help you with. Those three are in WI.

Things to consider when selecting someone to contract with.

1. Don't settle for less than street level commissions.
2. Don't ever assign your commissions.
3. Be careful of offers that say they provide "leads" and "training". Ask lots of questions.
4. Don't give up commission for "leads". Learn to generate your own.
5. Rick will tell you to always make sure you can get a no strings attached release. Good idea.
6. Look for someone who will give you support.

These guys do it for me.. Precision Senior Marketing

Supplements in WI come and go. WPS is the #1 selling Medicare supplement in WI since 2004 and #1 in market share. There are always low-ball plans if you are just into selling for your own benefit. Mutual of Omaha is on their third generation of plans. The newest, being United of Omaha. Introduced in 2008, they went up 9.2% in 9/09, and 28% in 4/1/10.
Gerber is new. National States is new. Secure Horizons is new. If are a true professional, you don't put your customers with plans that low-ball and leave.

Back