Getting More Life Clients

I've been in the business almost 2 years now and I want to get more life customers. I've tried mail marketing several times with little results. I do mostly med supps now and I sell some FE to these customers and a few larger life. Any ideas to get production up in the life area?

I've been in the business almost 2 years now and I want to get more life customers. I've tried mail marketing several times with little results. I do mostly med supps now and I sell some FE to these customers and a few larger life. Any ideas to get production up in the life area?

If you do the right mailings to the right people and sell them the right products you should do fine. Just keep doing that week after week.

You can't just mail occasionally and ever think you will build up enough clients that you don't have to mail anymore.

I would suggest trying to reach these people from another angle. ie if you are securities registered you can offer 529 plans, 99% of people buying a 529 need life insurance.

You should work with a company that takes care of marketing for you this way you stay constant in your efforts and can focus on closing..

"Any ideas to get production up in the life area? "

Here's the rub, if somebody actually knew what worked all the time, we'd all be doing it. The problem is NOBODY knows what works consistently, so look at different ways to market yourself. Test the waters with different methods and services.

Now, what you have to do is make sure whom ever you decide to use won't screw you over at the drop of a hat. READ the offers and fine print, do not listen to a pitch. That is where most agents screw up, they actually believe what their told rather than what the contract says.

Lots of stuff in the forum already on topics to look into. Good luck.

There has been a steady decline in people actually selling life insurance. I am not referring to FE. I find this alarming as some of the most exciting things in the life insurance industry are happening now. The introduction of the ABRs that allow acceleration for Chronic, Critical, and Terminal illnesses give an agent a real reason to discuss life insurance. The recent changes in the Federal Estate Tax, another reason to talk with people. The days of a Metlife and Prudential office on every corner are gone. Pick your poison, get good at it, and there are plenty of people to see. I would also become educated on the 81 ways you can draw social security income. It is a great door opener.

There has been a steady decline in people actually selling life insurance. I am not referring to FE. I find this alarming as some of the most exciting things in the life insurance industry are happening now. The introduction of the ABRs that allow acceleration for Chronic, Critical, and Terminal illnesses give an agent a real reason to discuss life insurance. The recent changes in the Federal Estate Tax, another reason to talk with people. The days of a Metlife and Prudential office on every corner are gone. Pick your poison, get good at it, and there are plenty of people to see. I would also become educated on the 81 ways you can draw social security income. It is a great door opener.

That is good advice...

I am trying to gain some insight, could you use 81 ways to draw social secuirty and use whole life insurance as a private pension plan, to compliment SS and any other types of savings a person might have.
And are there any good books to read on the subject.

Do you have a good source for the 81 ways? Would love to see it.

Do you have a good source for the 81 ways? Would love to see it.

The easiest thing to do is use a website like socialsecuritytiming.com. There is a monthly fee, but it is minimal and something you should be doing for your clients regardless. On a website like this, you load in the clients basic info and it will give you the myriad of choices available.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I am trying to gain some insight, could you use 81 ways to draw social secuirty and use whole life insurance as a private pension plan, to compliment SS and any other types of savings a person might have.
And are there any good books to read on the subject.

I don't want to hijack this thread, this may deserve a separate thread. There are very few investments that will increase lifetime income value of app. 8% annually while they are being deferred. SSI does just that. With that in mind, ie: If you can bridge them another 5 years down the road before they draw SSI, you have increased their lifetime income substantially. Things of consideration are health and family mortality history. Pretty tough to do that with anything else. The biggest thing you need to learn is how SSI works, how you can start and stop it, etc..

Last edited:
Back