Getting Off Veteran's Benefits

Hello,
I have a case, where I was working with the mom and son for their separate copay plan while the dad is on VA benefits. He doesn't like the way its run, the structure etc. He feels that going on a copay plan with his wife and son would be better for him, especially since hes in good shape.
What processes will he or we have to go through to get him off VA benefits? Any advice?

With the VA benefits have you looked at putting him a non HSA plan with a high deductible with no drug plan?

He could fill all of his scripts with the VA and then use the private for major medical.

If the VA coverage does not cost him anything why not keep it in place?

Can you have both VA benefits and an insurance policy? Im not sure what the rules are on the coordination of benefits...

Signed up many VA's on MAPD's, especially if their closest VA is too far for emergencies. This does not cancel their VA benefits. It allows them to get the best of both-- if they get a better deal on Rx through the VA and it is not an emergency, by all means use the VA. But, if they get the flu and need immediate local care, use the insurance. I assume the same goes for supps too-- although I haven't been selling them until recently. Another rationale for this is reduced hours of operation and access to the VA facilities in many locations.

Back