Getting Past "No"

I use to work with an agent who's goal every morning was to get 100 people to tell him "no" every day when calling. If he attained his goal he had accomplished what he set out to do.

He never reached his "goal".

There is no magic formula to eliminate the "no's". You need to ask yourself what is it that they are saying "no" to. Is it that your presentation needs more work or is the product just not competitive.

You are going to have to transition the call into more of a relaxed conversation as opposed to a sales pitch. People hate to be sold something but they love being helped to make an informed decision.

Tape your phone calls to prospects and then listen to them with a very critical ear. We only think we know what the person on the other end of the phone is hearing, we really don't know. Most agents are amazed when they hear what the prospect hears. As in "did I really say that?" or "I didn't think I said it that way".

It will help. We all fall into bad habits without even realizing it. Recording calls is many times a wake up call for the agent and gets him back on track.

Back