Getting Started...And Yes, I've Read the Threads

For right now it's friends and family but if you're going to really make a go of it. You're going to have to reach outside that circle. And also you will just have to tell them to call the agency. But follow up with you if they aren't getting service quick enough etc...

For right now it's friends and family but if you're going to really make a go of it. You're going to have to reach outside that circle. And also you will just have to tell them to call the agency. But follow up with you if they aren't getting service quick enough etc...

I'm sure you're right. Finding the strategy is seeming like the biggest challenge.

50% of what? 15%? that is 7.5% commission and 7.5% renewals. allstate agents get 8% commission and 8% renewals plus all the overhead. you need to thank them for taking you in and learning the independent ropes from the beginning. my two cents

short of calling insurance companies and getting individual home/auto quotes, it would be good to work for a local ia agent where you plan on working just to find what companies have an appetite for business in your area. i am trying to do this for chattanooga, tn and its a frickin full time job.

Back