Getting Started in Annuties? How To??

supersupps

Guru
I've been selling some FE and now MA plans. Everyone I speak to tells me I'm good at it etc. and I'd like to make more money and deal with wealthier people. Is there a diff license than the life and health to sell annuities? where do you start? I dont want to waste my time on a crappy FMO. Has anyone used the new sponsor that is shown on the annuities section ?( where you ask for Lisa)

You can easily find an FMO. The hard part is finding one that will do training.

Take a look at what Nick has done at www.iliaa.org. Unbiased training with no recruiting.

I'm pretty "high" on Linked Benefit Plans, either single premium life or qualified annuities. Not as much competition from other agents and you will be doing your clients a real service.

Rick

Start here at this site and check out this book. A lot of people will tout Jack Marrion for annuities but this chick rocks and this site is really really good.

Books

If you are good at what you are doing, then you have built up a client base. Find a local independent agent who specializes in annuities. Partner with him/her. Take him/her to your client base and let them sell annuities to them. Watch carefully and learn. Split the commission with them.

By the end of this process you'll have (hopefully) made money on some annuity sales, learned how it was accomplished, remained independent, and potentially found a mentor to help you do this on your own.

Take the advice of both Rick and TRS.

There is nothing like real world experience and learning.
But iliaa is a great learning tool as well.
Also, many carriers have basic annuity presentations on their website.

If you are good at what you are doing, then you have built up a client base. Find a local independent agent who specializes in annuities. Partner with him/her. Take him/her to your client base and let them sell annuities to them. Watch carefully and learn. Split the commission with them.

By the end of this process you'll have (hopefully) made money on some annuity sales, learned how it was accomplished, remained independent, and potentially found a mentor to help you do this on your own.

Fascinating.... I just came to this conclusion yesterday and made an appointment for this afternoon with someone who is willing to mentor me. Talk about a timely post!.....

Last edited:
Back