How many of your clients MAPD plans are being dropped?

Nope, not a single Aetna client's plan going away and minor changes to dental and OTC so they will stay put. Have a handful of UH that need moved and will be done the first week. May be golfing the 2nd week of AEP already. Life is good! No chaos here, just continuing renewals year after year. lol
Caveat, not an agent.

I am not going to expend the mental effort necessary to understand MA and compare recapped plan info plan by plan, but the KS medicare and you booklets for 2024 and 2025 both show almost 4pp of Aetna MA plans.

Based on that, if there are no significant changes in provider networks and plan formularies, and Aetna was a good fit for someone in 2024, it seems like a good bet that would continue to be the case in 2025.

(NO, I am not going to switch from OM to MA.)

$1000 to $300 is basically zero. That preventive is based on in network reimbursement which is terrible . Example a cleaning is basically $80 reimbursement . What you’re not saying is united came out with a competing new product called extra in almost every market i looked at that has stout dental . You move your people are they’ll be moved by a call center

lol no one is choosing that plan. It’s crap compared to their other HMO. Not even close.

Edit: and uhc covers preventive, not just cleanings. They’ll cover oral evaluation, X-rays, and screenings I’m sure. It’ll easily add up to $300.

Last edited:
Caveat, not an agent.

I am not going to expend the mental effort necessary to understand MA and compare recapped plan info plan by plan, but the KS medicare and you booklets for 2024 and 2025 both show almost 4pp of Aetna MA plans.

Based on that, if there are no significant changes in provider networks and plan formularies, and Aetna was a good fit for someone in 2024, it seems like a good bet that would continue to be the case in 2025.

(NO, I am not going to switch from OM to MA.)
I will get licensed in KS if you let me show you how much you would save going on a MAPD plan. On 2nd thought, I would rather get kicked in the balls repeatedly for 24 hrs. 😀

I will get licensed in KS if you let me show you how much you would save going on a MAPD plan. On 2nd thought, I would rather get kicked in the balls repeatedly for 24 hrs. 😀
Caveat, not an agent.

Not doing that.

I had a very bad experience with an agent getting a KS license so I could work with him. He told me repeatedly about all the E&O liability risk he was taking in getting the license and working with me. Then he would not listen to me when I told him he was wasting his time doing work I had not asked him to do and had no use for and fired me as a client. I don't need to waste my time with a repeat of that experience.

And I have options for your proposal with agents that already have KS licenses.

There is a local medicare business that I want nowhere near my insurance matters that has contacted me several years running to provide AEP assistance.

And my current Medicare agent is aggressively marketing to his BOB this year.

There is a third agent who would be most happy to discuss UHC mapd options with me.

And a fourth agent who would be most happy to discuss Humana mapd options with me.

Since, as I have already said elsewhere, I will most likely remain with the $0 premium Wellcare PDP product, I am not planning on any agent conversations. The only possible change for that would be if the BC $0 premium product has Kroger pharmacies in its preferred network.

I will see plenty of posts here in the first two weeks of Oct about how good or how sucky the WC and Cigna PDP's are in terms of formularies and drug tiers.

If you don't have a team of licensed people to do this for you you're going to spend several hours switching these clients with all of the new disclosures you have to read over the phone or by driving to their homes in traffic. I don't have that many but just the sheer percentage of them that have dropped their plan, or have been switched out, both intentionally and unintentionally, is souring me on Medicare health plans all together. Imagine trying to expand your client base during AEP but being pulled back by all the changes and having to switch people that have been dropped, switched or resold from a lying, uncaring and unregulated call center overseas? Sometimes it seems that all we're doing is setting clients up for them. Going forward, I'm mostly doing personal life clients and direct referrals.
That's why you find creative ways around things. In this industry, you just have to do what you have to do. There are not enough hours in the day to service all these people. Especially when some carriers think we should be working for free. Call recording? lol. C'mon now. I know exactly zero agents doing that.

And your last line is how I operate my business. Build it slow and steady with stable and trustworthy clients. If you're constantly chasing complete strangers, BELIEVE ME, these people are gonna make you work yourself to literal death.

In general, the kinds of people that answer mailers, telemarketing calls and such, are not stable. From my experience, these are the people you're constantly gonna be doing most of the work for, and then they're gonna drop your ass out of the blue for the next shiny thing (call, mailer, etc.)

People like this are professional "shop-around-ers." They will change plans to save $1.50 a month. They are not loyal to you or any other agent or company. How you get them is how you lose them.

Last edited:
Caveat, not an agent.

Not doing that.

I had a very bad experience with an agent getting a KS license so I could work with him. He told me repeatedly about all the E&O liability risk he was taking in getting the license and working with me. Then he would not listen to me when I told him he was wasting his time doing work I had not asked him to do and had no use for and fired me as a client. I don't need to waste my time with a repeat of that experience.

And I have options for your proposal with agents that already have KS licenses.

There is a local medicare business that I want nowhere near my insurance matters that has contacted me several years running to provide AEP assistance.

And my current Medicare agent is aggressively marketing to his BOB this year.

There is a third agent who would be most happy to discuss UHC mapd options with me.

And a fourth agent who would be most happy to discuss Humana mapd options with me.

Since, as I have already said elsewhere, I will most likely remain with the $0 premium Wellcare PDP product, I am not planning on any agent conversations. The only possible change for that would be if the BC $0 premium product has Kroger pharmacies in its preferred network.

I will see plenty of posts here in the first two weeks of Oct about how good or how sucky the WC and Cigna PDP's are in terms of formularies and drug tiers.
It was a joke…

Back